Who here has house birds

Do you have a house bird

• Total voters
Pics
My whole top is a metal screen top and I use a wire to connect the swing holder to the screen. The top is made for reptiles and gives them plenty of oxygen. I love it as there is absolutely no mess. I use odor control cat litter paper for the bottom of the aquarium, go out in my yard to get them branches to perch on as that keeps their legs and feet healthy and I do not have to trim their nails. They do make aquariums that are slender and tall for a climbing pet but I don't know how big your hookbill is. I just have heard so many people say that they get rid of their birds because they are so messy and this fixes the problem. Mine are right in the dining room where we eat and we enjoy them every time we are in there with them with absolutely no mess or smell. Thanks.
Oh I see, that's so creative. Hookbills climb the sides of the cage, that's the only problem. But it's a wonderful idea to fix a common problem!

Hi 👋🏻

I'm curious on your thoughts. I've been giving Levi 'Bird Street Bistro' for years. If you don't know, it's a combo food that you cook. https://www.birdstreetbistro.com
Levi loves it. Most of the time he doesn't finish it. I usually throw it out to our resident wild birds.The crows love it. ha :D
But, I had a thought. Instead of giving it to the wild birds. Maybe I should give the leftovers to the chickies?

Anyone see a problem with this? I looked over the ingredients of some of the bags. Nothing jumps out that it could be harmful. I never give them anything I don't look up first to make sure it's safe. My Parrot training, of course.

Just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Chickens will eat a stanley steamer right off the ole clipper. Im sure that anything that is parrot / cockatoo safe is more than safe for the chickens. Chickens can eat a lot of stuff parrots absolutely can NOT. Onions / Garlic come to mind.

Thats a good idea to give leftovers to the girls so as not to waste it.

Aaron

Chickens will eat a stanley steamer right off the ole clipper. Im sure that anything that is parrot / cockatoo safe is more than safe for the chickens. Chickens can eat a lot of stuff parrots absolutely can NOT. Onions / Garlic come to mind.

Thats a good idea to give leftovers to the girls so as not to waste it.

Aaron
Thanks Aaron,

I kind of thought that as well. But, just being overly cautious.
When I make chop for Levi, I make a lot more these days for the girls. They love it!

:thumbsup

Oh hand fed HUMAN FOOD, the girls will worship you for that, just like the rottentoo shows off when he thinks he can mooch a snack when im cooking. I have a super powerful blender and sometimes make myself smoothies. Im not all into the germ grain, tree hugger poofter drinks made of yak urine and sasafrilly pollen elbows or some crazy stuff, but ill do up some berries and things. I will try different greens, like a prep for making teas, and other concoctions. occasionally Ill get one that taste really horrid. HEALTHY - but horrid. I have YET to find a drink that neither the Too or the Yard Birds would not drink.

With that being said, no YOU might not like ground up black sunflower seeds whole, but there are a lot of good stuff we put in bird food, that we can eat too. Ill often do that as a bonding with the cockatoo. Make a drink and sit and share it with him. The girls are much less choosy but I can see them come running w hen you got snacks for them too.

Aaron

Oh hand fed HUMAN FOOD, the girls will worship you for that, just like the rottentoo shows off when he thinks he can mooch a snack when im cooking. I have a super powerful blender and sometimes make myself smoothies. Im not all into the germ grain, tree hugger poofter drinks made of yak urine and sasafrilly pollen elbows or some crazy stuff, but ill do up some berries and things. I will try different greens, like a prep for making teas, and other concoctions. occasionally Ill get one that taste really horrid. HEALTHY - but horrid. I have YET to find a drink that neither the Too or the Yard Birds would not drink.

With that being said, no YOU might not like ground up black sunflower seeds whole, but there are a lot of good stuff we put in bird food, that we can eat too. Ill often do that as a bonding with the cockatoo. Make a drink and sit and share it with him. The girls are much less choosy but I can see them come running w hen you got snacks for them too.

Aaron
That's funny.
Actually Levi loves smoothies ... :D
Levi Loves Smoothies .jpg

Back
Top Bottom