Who here locks there coop with a "lock"?

Coop and run are both under lock. I didn't want smart preditors to find their way in. I also figure that with the way the economy is if people see a source of free food they'll take it, don't want to see that happen to my flock.

I do, due to the two legged predator a few years back that took a few silkie hens and tried the buff laced polish roo, but only got all of his tail.
somad.gif

just a block centered on a screw at the top of the door to keep the shorter grandkids from going in alone

On my coop, each door has both a sliding latch and a lock hasp that is secured with a screw-down carabiner type ring where the padlock would go. The sliding latches are mounted very tightly, and take a good bit of strength and effort to unlock. The pop-door is further secured with a locking pin, designed for securing sliding glass doors.

My girlfriend has a hard time getting into the coop or run, any raccoon or possum smart and agile enough to get in is probably deserving of a chicken dinner. (Ain't gonna happen!)

Yeah. I just got a lock on my serama coop, my big coop, and my feed shed. I got locks because a half of a 50 pound bag of feed took a walk with a 2 legged predator. Now there is locks on everything....

Back
Top Bottom