Who is against no-crow collars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I live in the country and have no need to even try no-crow collars since I am allowed to have roosters and I love the sounds of the 24/7/365 crows.
I love the sound of crows! unfortunately I have elderly neighbors so and I wish to be considerate so I do not, in fact, have roos. but if I did, I would never put an anti-crow collar on him. Also you lucky dog, living in the country. Thank you for your thoughts!

I tried the collars once on a couple of my roos, and they did work to reduce the crow volume. I started noticing the blades of their combs were turning purple (a sign they are not getting enough oxygen), and they were acting more sluggish. I took the collars off, and within a few hours their combs were back to normal. The collars were CHOKING them to work. The collars are cruel and I will never put one on a rooster again.

I tried the collars once on a couple of my roos, and they did work to reduce the crow volume. I started noticing the blades of their combs were turning purple (a sign they are not getting enough oxygen), and they were acting more sluggish. I took the collars off, and within a few hours their combs were back to normal. The collars were CHOKING them to work. The collars are cruel and I will never put one on a rooster again.
That is awful! I agree with your final choice! I will never, NEVER put a no-crow collar on them, poor boys!

I had a friend who was really good at getting them to be rooster safe, but that meant they crowed almost as loud as normal.

I won't put them on my boys. Even with the number coming to 20 males in a few months, I would rather have constant crowing than constant worry that I'll lose a boy
Great thoughts! I have anxiety and always worry that one of my girls is gonna just drop dead for no reason! I'd endure any noise to know that my lovely hens are infinitely safe!

Great thoughts! I have anxiety and always worry that one of my girls is gonna just drop dead for no reason! I'd endure any noise to know that my lovely hens are infinitely safe!
Well birds dying is going to happen sooner or later due to illness or predators. But no point in tempting fate more than necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom