Who Is/Are My Father(s)?

Redcatcher

Songster
9 Years
May 7, 2010
At My Desk!
Waiting for the import license for genotyping. Who do you think my father(s) is/are? Remember, that I can have more than one father.

Me (gynadromorph):
012.jpg

005.jpg

Mother. MF D'Uccle minus the mottling:

006.jpg

Father #1 Partridge (carriies the lacing gene)

EETuzox1.jpg

Father #2 Blue Partridge (full brother to #1)

EETuzoX.jpg

Father #3 Self Black Tuzo

Tuzo1.jpg

Last edited:
LOVE the black one, first off. . .
smile.png

But, I think it has part of the black father, part of the partridge. Of course, it could also have the blue partridge in it too, as blue only carries 50% chance to a black parent. Half of the bird has what a black x millie fluer would create - A black bird with mossy pencilling leaking in. Half of it also has what the other cross would make - A partial columbian bird with a lot of black pencilling, as both parents carry the partridge gene.

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to explain the genetics. I am in awe
bow.gif
. It makes total sense now. Would you care to guess which side is the male and which side is the female? It is too soon to tell for certain. I assumed the black side was male but from what your said, it could be either.

Honestly I wasn't aware this bird was half male, half female.
hide.gif
I thought it just had half and half coloring. . . I'd say black though. Partridge, BBR, and other related pencilling/mossy colored birds don't look like this as males. Males would have solid shoulders, neck, and back.

It is only three months old and these photos a very recent. Yes, all "half siders" or somatic chimeras, are gynandromorphs. I am hoping that both sides will turn out to be very different when it matures. Or at least as striking as it is now.

Back
Top Bottom