WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Mar 30, 2016.

1. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    ^ Thats what I do for crooked toes, I don't use any cardboard though. Take a band aid and cut the absorbent pad out. Take one sticky side and place it on the bottom of the chicks foot. Straighten the toes as best as you can and then place the other sticky side on top. Seal the two pieces together, getting in between the toes to seal them in place. Trim the outside edges if necessary. Leave the shoe on for a few days, and when you take it off the toes should stay where you put it. I don't think a bent toe would hinder it much if you didn't fix it though (but I would) :)

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Update on my Cackle chicks:
    I lost 5 of them. Well, technically 2, 3 were extras they sent. I'm down a splash Cochin, Turken, Easter Egger and 2 that could be speckled Sussex, Welsummer or brown Leghorn (they all sort of look the same). I guess shipping was just too hard on them. The rest are doing very well though, growing like little weeds!

3. poodlechicks

poodlechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    Band aids seem to be much less work than cardboard. I'll look for pics of it. Sounds interesting.[​IMG]

4. tinakevin

tinakevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2015
    New hampahire
    Thank u. I will def try to fix her.. She deserves it. At least I hope she's a she lol

5. tinakevin

tinakevin Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2015
    New hampahire
    I am so sorry for your lost ones. I hope they replace them. Thank u for your help onmy little ones toe. I will give it a try

6. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    I have Silver Double Laced Bantam Barnevelders in the incubator and under a broody. They are due to hatch near the end of the month if all goes well. I also have a shipment of Black and Blue Double Laced Barnevelders and Swedish Flower Hens arriving in a week. [​IMG]

7. broomrider

broomrider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2014
    Northeast Missouri
    My chicks are due to hatch tomorrow![​IMG]I have 24 in the incubator but I've had a hard time regulating the humidity so I'm not expecting a very big hatch but I'm excited any way.

1 person likes this.
  8. mamatink7

mamatink7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2016
    Ohio
    The hatchery called and said I could get 5 of my chicks on the 27th!!

9. poodlechicks

poodlechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    So
    Sorry for the loss. Hoping the remaining ones stay very healthy.

10. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

My condolences on your loss, losing you babies is never easy. I'm still waiting for The Almighty Chicken Math to take it's sacrificial 'lamb', so far though I still have all seven. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by