WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

4 weeks, almost fully feathered.

That's still a bit young to leave them outside full time, especially if they have been brooded in doors and have not been acclimated to the cold. I would start putting them outside during the day and bringing them in at night for a week or two and than if they seem to be doing well, start leaving them out all the time.

4 weeks, almost fully feathered.

I kicked mine out at 3 weeks, but provided supplemental heat in the form of a lectro-kennel pad turned upside down and supported with a wood frame. They could go in their cave to warm up when it got too cold. Everyone did fine, even when it dropped below freezing.

Last edited:
I just got an e- mail from McM w a tracking number. I'm a bit nervous about the whole shipping of day olds, but hoping it all goes well
1f423.png

I just got an e- mail from McM w a tracking number. I'm a bit nervous about the whole shipping of day olds, but hoping it all goes well
1f423.png

Oh my goodness! I got my tracking number today too!! Keep us posted! I pray for healthy alive chicks for us both!!! So excited! !!!♡♡♡

Me either! Seven hours after shipping my tracking number STILL says electronic PRE shipping recieved! Ugh..here we go!!tracking nightmares!

Back
Top Bottom