WHO IS EXPECTING APRIL CHICKS?????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Mar 30, 2016.

1. dgibson0604

dgibson0604 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2016
    Gardners PA
    [​IMG]Five days till my eggs hatch will be 4 tonight[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. krazychickylady

krazychickylady Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    I have chicks coming on wed.!! so excited!! I have 4 EE, 4 buff orpingtions, and 4 barred rocks. :)

2 people like this.
  3. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks, I found one on Amazon, I AssUMe that you just use a thermometer to find the best numerical setting?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  4. Jensownzoo

Jensownzoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2016
    Saint Louis, MO

Nope. I used chick behavior. They'll tell you if it's too hot or too cold for them if you watch.

5. wildchickenmom

wildchickenmom Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2016
    Northeastern Ontario
    [​IMG] Mine arrived last night! And of course we are having super unseasonably cold weather right now (-25 C overnight) Not the greatest to bring home some new chicks.... It's our first foray into having chickens and I have to say, they are so darn cute!
    I have 16 Bielefelders. 12 girls and 4 boys. 

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  6. poodlechicks

poodlechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    I have ordered mine from MurrayMcMurray. They had an offer of 15 ornamental layers and I wanted to try different breeds. You don't have the choice of sex when it comes to the free chick, so I declined.
    It's very nice that Meyer sends a free chick for eggs to be donated to charity. And what a great choice of name for yours![​IMG]

7. poodlechicks

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    Orpingtons come in many different colors but not all are recognized. I actually don't know if the white is, but it is very pretty. I'm still on the lookout for English Orpingtons in my area. I'd love to get another lavender and a jubilee.

8. poodlechicks

Apr 2, 2013
    NY
    I
    I got mine at Walmart. You can override the timer w the sunbeam. I encourage you to read the "mama heating pad in the brooder" . There are loads of info and a lot of people who have used this method sharing their experience

9. Jenna14Chicken

Jenna14Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    OH.
    Did you get your chicks today? Good luck with them I'm getting mine in 3 weeks.

10. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California

so do your chicks ship on the 20th? mine ship out next Monday!! which is April 11th.I'm so excited. I'm praying they all arrive alive and healthy!! I ordered in January. it's been a long wait! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by