Who is Facebook free???

Not me. I don't see why it's a big deal, sorry if you get "addicted" to it and are on it for hours. I'm on it maybe an hour most throughout the whole day, just seeing what's up with other people. I found a lot of friends from middle/jr high school, since I really only had friends there, I made like 5 the whole time at highschool, so it was nice to see how everyone looked grown up more and what they were doing.
Also, unless you don't have a privacy setting or friend every person who sends you a friend request, they can't see your info, and it's not like you have to put any of your info up anyway.

I have FB but I am very choosey who I pick. Common sense dictates that way in the way you want your FB to be veiwed. Be like the BYC moderators, if they get out of line, warn them. If they pushed it further, they are OUT!

I like my FB, keeping in touch with alot of my relatives, and BYCers and the members of the chicken club. Just about all of them are pretty good!

I prefer to meet up with my friends here on BYC. The format is so much more conducive to active conversation.

But sometimes other BYC members get annoyed by threads that are only "chat" among long-time established friends.

I am facebook free.
celebrate.gif
Believe it or not, despite that fact, I have friends, I keep in touch with my out of state family quite nicely, and I have not yet gone into anti-cyber convulsions. As a teacher I'm up to my eyeballs in people all day, and when I come home I'd rather be with my little familiy of 4 than on-line with 500 "friends" I probably don't even know.
smack.gif
(Note: this smiley was my 4 year old's choice)

BYC is such an obvious exception, I don't think I need to offer an explanation!

--Nikki
ya.gif

Quote:
Agree 100%. I have come to detest FB. I've seen families announce deaths in the family on FB BEFORE they actually called family members about them! How ENTIRELY inappropriate that is! No one should pop into their social networking site to find out their sister or brother has died!

I keep seeing others say you can put as little as you want on FB, but if you join, then don't put anything up there, what was the point in the first place?
hu.gif
I realize there may be minimal use, for example, when family is overseas and it is more difficult to call or visit, however, that is not the main way most people use this platform. I've seen it used purposefully to reach out and hurt others over and over again. Not for me, thanks. And I do have a son who is overseas in South Korea, but even he manages to email and call.

I truly believe it is a way to keep people at arms length, not to keep them close.

It's enought that I have to check phone messages at home, phone messages at work, emails at home, emails at work, and the messages on my cell phone! I can't be tied to yet another electronic thingie that wants my attention!

I'm on fb, but only because Gritty held a gun to my head.
big_smile.png

No family, and I accept almost any friend request. I especially like the friend requests from other countries telling me I'm an impressive specimen.
lol.png
funny how these disappeared when I added pics.
sad.png

I made the decision that fb was only for fun and in that vein, any person starts something I just right click and hit "block"; no warning, no appeal.
I have found it different from BYC, but fun as well.

Imp

I'm on there minimally, with minimal information and no drama. It is, after all, about selling everyone's personal info. I chose to limit that as much as I can for the perk of having access to people I normally wouldn't. Sometimes an old friend stops by and uses the chat function, or we get in touch through private messages. I've gotten to visit quite a few friends that way and vice versa.
smile.png
I also loathe phone calls myself, so prefer to get an email or facebook message with most things, until a planned call or visit. Heck, I don't answer the phone...it goes to voicemail. I've seen people use everything from cameras to good ol' word of mouth to hurt and destroy others, so it doesn't really stick out to me. X)

Back
Top Bottom