Who is getting eggs?

We had no winter this year so mine started laying early (omg this summer is gonna be a hot one
hmm.png
). I have 8 eggs so far. I think they are all from the same peahen. They are going on their 10th day of incubation. Just candled and it looks like the last 2 she laid are developing and the first 6 she laid I'm pretty sure are clear. Going to leave them in the incubator another week just to be certain. I guess my boy didn't quite have his mojo yet when she decided to start laying.

We had no winter this year so mine started laying early (omg this summer is gonna be a hot one
hmm.png
). I have 8 eggs so far. I think they are all from the same peahen. They are going on their 10th day of incubation. Just candled and it looks like the last 2 she laid are developing and the first 6 she laid I'm pretty sure are clear. Going to leave them in the incubator another week just to be certain. I guess my boy didn't quite have his mojo yet when she decided to start laying.

No winter???? And just where is this magical place that has no winter located? I may have to move after the winter we just had, of course I hate the stinking hot and humid summer weather also. I need to find a "Goldilocks Zone" as they say on the Science channel!
lol.png

As for mojo, I have a boy named Mojo, bad little spoiled spalding.

I am in SW Arizona. We had like 2 very light frosts and only needed the heater for a week or 2. Already using the cooler during the day
hmm.png
. Not very magical during the summers though. We get over 110 degrees in the summer sometimes . Not very humid except during monsoon though, so we have that going for us. I hate to think how hot this summer will be after so warm a winter.

Wow, Mojo is handsome. I love the spalding's crests. So perky. Lol, I think it's in the pea handbook somewhere that it's a requirement to spoil them
smile.png

For those of you setting peafowl eggs. Is it harder than hatching chickens? I tried last year and no success with the 1 peafowl egg that was fertile. But I am doing fine with the chicken eggs.

With an incubator I would say yes, but last year was my first year using an incubator. Lots of experienced people here that can offer advice.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom