Who is Going to Inverness FL Show?

Saturday January 26th. It is at Citrus County Auditorium. Here is the address: 3610 S. Florida Avenue (Hwy. 41) Inverness Florida.
cool.png

Hi Annika,
The entry deadline was Jan 12th. But you can call the Show Secretary - Valerie Hirvela at 813-626-0066. You can ask her if she would accept a late entry, she may be able to. But even if she can not accept it, please come to the show!! There is so much to learn and see at a poultry show. You may even find a new chicken to buy! There is always a few folks selling birds. Plus there are several BYC members who will be there and hopefully we will get to meet each other. I am certainly looking forward to that. I don't have a BYC t-shirt, but I am going to put a nametag on my shirt that says "BYC" and hope the rest of us Fla BYC members do too so we can meet each other.

The show judging starts at 9:00 and will finish sometime in the mid-afternoon. But "chicken-looking" goes on all day, so come look with the rest of us.

Hope to see lots of BYC'ers there!

Lisa
big_smile.png

Lisa,

Thank you for the information. I am definetly going. i will probably just wait then and try to enter them in another show. ME and poison Ivy are coming together and we will have name tags also. what kind of animals do you have.

Thanks

Annika

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Hi Annika,
Glad to hear you are coming!! Poultry shows are always a fun day for all. Do have far to travel? I have approx 2 1/2 hrs.

I have 6 adult silkies and 6 youngsters, 18 showgirls, 1 black rosecomb, 1 belgain d'uccle, 1 buff laced polish,, 1 d'iccle X rosecomb mix. I have a few pheasants top - 3 ringneck pheasant cocks, and 1 grey peacock pheasant. This past Saturday, a friend gave my DH a dozen Pharaoh quail day old chicks. So this will be a new adventure for me. I also have a few white doves and pigeon. On the critter list I have a German Shepherd, a cat, a Prairie Dog, and a very large African Sulcata Tortoise (like the ones you see at Busch Gardens), and a couple of fish, and 7 rabbits. Feeding time can be time consuming sometimes. Tell me about your animals.

Lisa
smile.png

Oh, I almost forgot.... I also have 3 snakes!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom