Who is hatching on Nov. 14???

I have a 19 eggs due the 6-7, but there are also 2 Serama X Cochin eggs due around the 14th. I set one in there on the 23 & one the 24th. I didn't think she would lay another one the next day. Now I haven't had any since...

Unless she is hiding them somewhere I'm not thinking to look.

ARGGHHH!!!
I just candled my 18 silkie eggs due Nov 14. Looks like
every one of them is a dud. I had 1 that looked like a
bloodring, the rest no development at all.

I may just have to go buy some chicks.

Quote:
I'm not throwing them out yet, but I did email the lady that I bought them
from. She's going to send me out a new set on Monday. Wasn't that so
sweet of her!

Quote:
I'm not throwing them out yet, but I did email the lady that I bought them
from. She's going to send me out a new set on Monday. Wasn't that so
sweet of her!

That is very nice of her. Good luck with the next set!!

Paula

I have about 10 days left from when I saw my hen was setting. I am not sure on the date she went broody I am counting from when I saw her.

I am so excited!

My eggs had been disapering had 11 and went down to 9. Havent been able to count them in 2 days because she will not move from her nest at all. So I guess there is still 9 guess I will see in 10 days or less!

me too! i have 3 pekin/bantam eggs due to hatch on about the 14th. i tried candling just 1 egg earlier, and it looked like a dud to me, but i'm just not sure. this is my 2nd go - the first time i only got 1 chick. 1 was a dud, and the other was really traumatic. it pipped the shell too early, struggled and cheeped and tried for 26 hours to get out, finally i tried to give it a little help and the lady i got the eggs from said to drip some water for the chick to drink and to try to soften up the membrane (which had gone really gough and leathery). but it died.
sad.png
it was just awful, especially was i worried that i killed it in trying to help.

so - i'm hoping for a happier experience this time, to kind of erase the bad memory. here's hoping! was so exciting with that first chick, my 7yo son and i actually saw it hatch. awesome!

Solved the mystery today who was stealing my eggs. It was my roo I am down to 7 eggs. I rehomed him this morning cant have a egg eating roo. Anyone what pictures of a developing chick embreo I saw the chick in the egg and if I could see what it looked like in develoment maybe I could know what day they are on.

Anyone have the link?

Back
Top Bottom