Who is laying the olive egg? added picture

Quote:
I just laughed out loud. My family and neighbors already think I'm crazy. Can't wait to see their faces while I am out there painting my chickens butts.

Quote:
Marans crossed with a blue egg layer will give you an olive egg... If you have supposed marans that look like mixes - one of them is probably your culprit

Quote:
Marans crossed with a blue egg layer will give you an olive egg... If you have supposed marans that look like mixes - one of them is probably your culprit

Except they are oth supposed to be roos according to byc'ers

byc'ers have been wrong before!
wink.png
My vote is on the marans cross, too! Especially if they are over 6 mos and not crowing yet! I have an 8 week old BCM who has been trying out his lungs the last week or so along with my exchequer leghorn and blue Andalusian cockerels!

Quote:
Except they are oth supposed to be roos according to byc'ers

byc'ers have been wrong before!
wink.png
My vote is on the marans cross, too! Especially if they are over 6 mos and not crowing yet! I have an 8 week old BCM who has been trying out his lungs the last week or so along with my exchequer leghorn and blue Andalusian cockerels!

Yeah but I have not seen Ilia wrong yet and she is adament, they are roos. Though I went to look for emerging saddle feathers and there are still none.

Quote:
This is my vote too. I've seen pictures of your marans crosses, and they don't look like roos to me, especially if they were 5 months old in that picture. The marans crosses I hatched very, very, very obviously boys by 8 weeks old, and crowing too.

I am pretty sure it is Sonya now. Last year she laid a very pretty blue green egg, but maybe she "got her paint back" like someone else suggested. I have seen her on the nest and then 20 minutes later there is an olive egg. She is the only one laying right now (every one is molting) and the marans crosses are not squatting and their combs are still not red (one is getting redder) so if they are hens, then are not ready yet.

All I can say about your marans crosses is that I have 8 week old BCM...I knew which ones were roos when they were about two weeks old! I think those marans roos have trouble hiding there manhood!!! At 8 weeks old, their combs are huge and bright and they are already battling eachother!!
smile.png
Hoping your crosses are ladies!!!

Back
Top Bottom