1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Who is laying these eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DixiePharmer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DixiePharmer

DixiePharmer New Egg

Feb 8, 2013
    I have a great mystery! 3 chickens, 4 egg days, and no blue eggs

This is my first backyard chicken experience. We have 3 pullets a Rhode Island Red, Silver Laced Wyandotte, and "Americauna"

This wednesday we got our first eggs. Three eggs in one day - but no blue eggs. I wasn't sure if I had overlooked an egg or two or if they had indeed all laid on the same day.
    Thursday - just one beautiful brown egg.
    And today is the biggest mystery of all - this morning at 6:30, no eggs. By lunch there were 3 eggs - each a slightly different color. Then, this evening I was so surprised to find yet another egg. So that is 4 eggs from 3 chickens in less than 12 hours. How common is this?

Also - NO blue/green easter eggs. Do we have 2 power layers on our hands and one holding out or will we never have colorful eggs.

Here are our girls:[​IMG]

These are their first eggs:[​IMG]

And these are the eggs laid this morning [​IMG]
    I don't have a photo of today's 4th egg.

If anyone knows who is laying which eggs or what is going on here - please let me know!!

2. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    Amery, WI WI/MN border
    Hi! Is it an easter egger/americana? If so, they will lay either blue, green, or "pink". I am thinking yours is laying the "pink" egg. As far as 4 eggs in one day; I am thinking that you may have missed one from Thursday. Do you use pine shavings in your box? We do, and there have beens several times where I thought I got them all-only to rustle through and find one buried. Just my thoughts on this....it will be interesting to see what happens this next.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by