Who is pipping and waiting right now??

Congrats everyone! I have chicks this morning but a lot more pips than I have chicks!

We've got a long day of
1996_chores004.gif
and
1996_chores031.gif
and
1996_chores037.gif
and
1996_talk030.gif
before we have a brooder full of
1996_rooster4.gif
and are tired but happy
1996_farmer.gif
big_smile.png

Today is day 21, and I have 5 buff orps and 3 EE's from Jody. Still one EE egg with a pip (she's working on it right now), and a few more eggs with nothing. Then also in the hatcher are 14 Welsummer eggs from Christie on day 20 today, with no action yet. A little nervous about these eggs; they looked so good the whole way along, so Im a bit surprised I havent seen any action yet.

I now have four hatched and wreaking havoc, three pipped and 11 with no action. I can only assume since I used a still-air incubator that some parts of the bator were warmer than others causing the delay in the others? I can't give up on them, I'll be devastated if none of the WC Black Polish hatch.
barnie.gif
fl.gif

Day 18, round two!!!!! My first hatch went so well that I loaded the bator right back up! Can't believe it's been 18 days already. Been so busy with the babies that this one is going much faster (Maybe that's the secret!)
I already have eggs ordered for the 3rd hatch, SEE WHAT
YOU GUYS DID TO ME?!!!!

Hey Miss Prissy! Where did you find all those cool smilies??????

I don't think I can count! LOL

10 in the brooder
8 still in the incubator
4 more pipped ( I think one of these died....see below )

It had a pretty good sized hole last night, but this morning, there was no movement or change...I carefully pulled just a little shell off to widen the hole - just a tiny bit. There is no movement or indication of breathing.....

On the other hand, one that had not changed since late yesterday afternoon, - I just barely pulled the bit of shell that had been pipped & just barely widened a small hole in the membrane....within the hour, it had zipped & is almost dry. I could see it breathing once I had removed the bit of shell.

I have some pretty cool naked necks from Dipsy Doodle Doo....a couple of them are plumb ugly - I will take pictures & post later tonight!

I also have ended up with a gorgeous white showgirl & a gorgeous black showgirl - can't wait to see what else pops out today!

Back
Top Bottom