Who is the noisiest in your flock?

I used to think my chickens were so quiet-but they really grumble and growl a lot for some reason! They do make sweet little cooing noises too and bok-boking-but the growling is something I never knew about chickens.
hu.gif

My Amberlink is the loudest by far. She loves to growl and squawk and check out all situations. Second would be my golden comet but she's usually right in the coop checking out the situation with Amberlink. They are kinda buds. My barred rock and EE's are more quiet although one of my EE will come to run and talk to me if I bend drop to talk to her.

Probably my Buff Laced Polish or one of my Black Silkie chicks, both around 15 weeks. The silkie is at the top of the order, so she's naturally loud, and the Polish chirps whenever she feels like it.
smile.png
Will get some pics soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
My GORGEOUS SS girl is too the noisiest of the bunch. Ugh!

Okay ya'll are scaring me now!! My SS just started layinig!!
th.gif

My SS started talking loudly 2 weeks before she laid her first egg! If your SS is quiet now, you have it made.
smile.png

my prodution reds just started this kind of complaining festival, like long loud WHHHAAAAAAATTTTTTTT, especialy when you are giving treats and they think you stoped to give someone eles a snack! A little scary sometimes
hide.gif
but i am hoping this means eggs soon, 18 weeks today....
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

My most vocal girls are the New Hampshires, followed by the SLW. My quietest girl is Naked Neck Nancy...hardly every hear anything from that sweet girl. I believe that next spring I will get a few more of them, so she won't be the odd girl out.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom