Who Is Your Stupidest Hen?

rosyposyosy

Songster
12 Years
Jul 11, 2007
I thought it'd be funny to see all the hens who are the dumbest in the flock. Be sure to post the breed too!

I'll start: My banty cochin, fajita, was the prettiest chick in the pet store. Looks aren't everything! She didn't learn how to get out of the coop, even with the door open. Then, she'd follow Gordita, my EE, everywhere, and couldn't figure out how to get back. Finally, When they free range, and the run door is open, either my EE will be outside and her being inside, will have her pacing back and forth, or my EE is inside, and Fajita just can't figure out how to get in!

FAJITAMYLAYER.jpg

Mine is from an unfortunate accident. I was outside working on the coop. I was cutting wood with my chop saw and caught a glimpse of a squirrel munching on the scratch I set out for them. So I grabbed a small piece of wood and flung it in the direction of the squirrel and it clipped the top of the fence which spun it and added to the velocity and changed the direction and WHAMO!! Caught one of my hens in the noggin. It dropped her like a cold turd. I thought I killed her. Hell I didn't even throw it that hard. So I ran over and picked her up and dam I felt bad. After a few seconds she came too a bit dazed. Ok actually alot dazed. for about two weeks after she thought she was a tom turkey. She walked around all puffed up like a strutting tom. She's better now and even back to laying eggs. So now I throw a plastic baseball of my kids at the squirrels to scare them away:/

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom