Who knew it was so easy to make Kettle Corn at home??

I do this in our whirly pop popcorn popper. I dump the oil then 1/2 cup of popcorn in the whirly pop kettle and add 2 tbsp of raw sugar and stir until it done popping. Salt if you want, we never do. Makes great kettle corn and then I just soak the popper for easy clean up. The kids LOVE this.

Quote:
I remember a big cast iron dutch oven my mom had, she used it all the time - me, I'm sort of afraid I'll clean it wrong, or something
lau.gif

I haven't got any cast iron pans right now - would consider it if I knew I wouldn't trash them somehow.

meri

The trick is, after cleaning. You have to put it on a hot burner so that it dries really fast. Then store it away.
wink.png
The darker than pan gets with time,the better it cooks.

Quote:
Yeah, and if you you feel you really must wash it, use cold water and NO soap.

Also, to prevent any crud sticking in the first place, make sure it's good and hot before you add any food and additional oil if needed (like with vegetables).

I cook almost everything on cast iron. It is supposed to add iron content to your food.

I think cooking the popcorn on copper or even in cast iron would be good if you could. I think it has more to do with how quickly they heat and hold the heat evenly. Makes it caramelize better.

Back
Top Bottom