Songster
May 27, 2020
Last edited:

Starburst

Free Ranging
May 25, 2020
Western Washington
@cluckmecoop7 @Starburst @Ihavesomechickens @LittleBigBantam @orloffer
sorry to bother you but this thread only has 5 replies & 4 of them are from me ! View attachment 2356022
Hi! :) Sure, I'll share my family recipe for seedcake.
872FA62D-C089-4272-A5F1-FB4955EE7F29.jpeg

Seedcake

Ingredients:

¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

1 ½ tablespoons caraway seeds

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter either an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan or a 6-inch cake pan. Line it with parchment paper.

2. (It’s best to use a hand mixer or a stand mixer for this), Cream the butter and sugar until very light in color. Beat in the eggs, continuing to mix for 3 to 4 minutes, until pale and fluffy.

3. Mix the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Add the caraway seeds, saving about half a teaspoon. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the mixture along the length of the pan. Sprinkle the top with the reserved caraway.

4. Bake for 25-40 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out of the pan and cool right side up on a wire rack.

chicken3fly

Songster
May 27, 2020
Hi! :) Sure, I'll share my family recipe for seedcake.
View attachment 2356386
Seedcake

Ingredients:

¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter

1 cup sugar

3 eggs

2 cups all-purpose flour

½ teaspoon baking powder

1 ½ tablespoons caraway seeds

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and butter either an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan or a 6-inch cake pan. Line it with parchment paper.

2. (It’s best to use a hand mixer or a stand mixer for this), Cream the butter and sugar until very light in color. Beat in the eggs, continuing to mix for 3 to 4 minutes, until pale and fluffy.

3. Mix the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Add the caraway seeds, saving about half a teaspoon. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the mixture along the length of the pan. Sprinkle the top with the reserved caraway.

4. Bake for 25-40 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn out of the pan and cool right side up on a wire rack.
that looks delicious thanks @Starburst 😋!

chicken3fly

Songster
May 27, 2020
Guess how many replies we have (that are not from me )
we have 5 replies (not counting @chicken3fly )

Top Bottom