Who knew roo/hen "sex" could be soooo violent? yikes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave away my fave roo...he began life as Louie, proceeded to King Louie to Screwy Louie...man oh man, they have not grown feathers back yet from the treading! He is at his new home and believe it or not, the hens do not look near as rough as mine do! Either way, get a few old hens and that roo will learn some manners!
lol.png

My big RIR roo Big Red thinks he is THE stud.

Once in a while he'll try to mount my big RIR hen Scarlett when she is not in the mood. Bad move.

She throws him off head over spurs and then chases him!
lol.png

I had a rooster once who continually tried to breed the hens. He would hang on via his spurs while she was trying to get a way. He drew blood and left some mean puncture wounds. Needless to say he didn't last much longer after that

What I can't figure out is what other bird HAS to mate twenty times a day every day of the year? Have we messed around with domesticating chickens so much that we've created sex-crazed monsters?

How can a system that leaves hens so barebacked and bloody be good for a species???

Quote:
I sure did maple. You stay away from him and his inflatable toys, ya hear?

aah, but your forgetting...we just won our own inflatable dolphins at the county fair.

and besides...i've got my own hairy back man, pp...he just doesn't eat raw chicken necks and isn't nearly as disturbing as pc...run...run for your chicken lives!!!

-------------------

And for my youngsters of the human kind...I just tell them the chickens are playing tag...YOUR IT!

me,
g

Quote:
I sure did maple. You stay away from him and his inflatable toys, ya hear?

aah, but your forgetting...we just won our own inflatable dolphins at the county fair.

and besides...i've got my own hairy back man, pp...he just doesn't eat raw chicken necks and isn't nearly as disturbing as pc...run...run for your chicken lives!!!

-------------------

And for my youngsters of the human kind...I just tell them the chickens are playing tag...YOUR IT!

me,
g

caf.gif
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom