Who lays a speckled brown egg?

I have one hen that's laying dark brown speckled eggs. She's either a NHR, white rock, or a red sexlink.. I haven't been able to isolate which.. But the shells are very strong.

My RSL laid its first egg yesterday and it had alot of specks on it and they're related to RIR's so maybe it was the RIR

I have one girl who lays a beautiful dark brown speckled egg. My options are barred rock, rir, white langshan, columbian wyandotte, dark cornish, or white crested polish. I'm leaning toward the rir. I also have some mutts that I got from my sister. She says it can't be one of those because none of the possible parents on her farm layed speckled eggs. I'm not good at genetics, is it possibly a recessive gene? Could it be one of the mutts?

22071_december_085.jpg
We have a Columbian Wyandotte that lays that type of egg.

I have one girl who lays a beautiful dark brown speckled egg. My options are barred rock, rir, white langshan, columbian wyandotte, dark cornish, or white crested polish. I'm leaning toward the rir. I also have some mutts that I got from my sister. She says it can't be one of those because none of the possible parents on her farm layed speckled eggs. I'm not good at genetics, is it possibly a recessive gene? Could it be one of the mutts?

22071_december_085.jpg
My Barred Rocks first egg looked just like that but while i was washing it some of that color came off and under it was a pale brown so it could be a barred rock.

Back
Top Bottom