Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Sure, they're pretty cool

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • I like looking at them, but not touching them

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • My chickens like them more than I do

Votes: 11 25.6%

• Total voters
Woah! What type? Is he venomous? How do you tell makes from females? What do you feed them? Sorry, I'm warming up to spiders! :lol:
It's ok. He is a "Bold Jumping Spider". Yes, they are venomous but their venom is not lethal and may only cause a stinging sensation. The males have bulged pedipalps (they look like boxing gloves), but the females pedipalps aren't bulged. Here is a good article about it: https://www.phantasticphids.com/post/sexing-jumping-spider-is-my-spider-mature
I feed them regular flies from my backyard. 😁

Last edited:
It's ok. He is a "Bold Jumping Spider". Yes, they are venomous but their venom is not lethal and may only cause a stinging sensation. The males have bulged pedipalps (they look like boxing gloves), but the females pedipalps aren't bulged. Here is a good article about it: https://www.phantasticphids.com/post/sexing-jumping-spider-is-my-spider-mature
I feed them regular flies from my backyard. 😁
So cool! Thanks for filling me in!
I just realized that the spiders I have been seeing around recently are Bold Jumping Spiders and Zebra Jumping Spiders!

Not sure if this counts as insects- but I kept this garden snail called Parsnip, soon he had a whole army of snails! He was actually very sweet and fun.
IMG-20200417-WA0016.jpeg

I have also had lots of other snails after he passed.

Not sure if this counts as insects- but I kept this garden snail called Parsnip, soon he had a whole army of snails! He was actually very sweet and fun.View attachment 2644637
I have also had lots of other snails after he passed.

View attachment 2644646View attachment 2644647these are other snails that came for "sleepovers"View attachment 2644649this is ANTONIO the very big ant
So cool! Did you buy these or find them in the wild? We don't normally have ones that big around here!

So cool! Did you buy these or find them in the wild? We don't normally have ones that big around here!
The snails were wild garden snails. Parsnip was with me until he died, he was quite old and big. The other snails I found I put inside Parsnip's old tank for a few days before I released them again.
The ant was a large ant I was watching when I went to Italy.

Back
Top Bottom