Who likes to hunt?

Last September, my husband started his first hunting season ever. He used a bow. Three weeks into the season he got his first deer!

100_0579.jpg

It's an 8 point whitetail!

Ty chickenranchwife.

BTW we did use the meat, it makes great soup. We don't believe in trophy kills, I think if you are going to kill game you should use the meat, or at least find someone who will.

Quote:
I am just the opposite. I don't hunt, but I love consuming all game meat. I have yet to eat anything I didn't like. I go to as many game dinners as I can get tickets for, and will always take anything anyone will offer me personally. I went to one last year that served Mountain Lion, which is very unusual for an East Coast game dinner. MMMMMMM.....yummy kitty!

I wrote an earlier post in this thread about hunting on my property, and the amount of whitetail traffic I get. Yesterday morning I had a deer parade go past my bedroom window about 30 yards away. 10 deer in a single file headed down to cross the road, probably headed for the stream in the woods across the road. I could have easily picked one off if I were so inclined. I have a buddy in the fire department who has been known to hunt from his bedroom window. But I believe that is a loose definition of the word "hunting".

Last edited:
About the antlers. Those that don't go on the wall make great dog chew toys. The dogs love them and they last forever. Well, They last until you happen to be walking across the floor barefooted, minding your own business, or not paying attention, and step on one. Then they go in the trash.

And yes, it is a coyote. But I have to say, I had a minute of doubt after he went down. Even though I was waaaaaay out in the woods with the closest houses 5 miles away, I bowed my head and prayed...."please don't let me find a collar on it".
lol.png

Oh, and ordinarily I do eat any and all that I hunt. But I had to draw the line at the coyote. That has to be the stinkiest thing I have ever come across. It made my goats smell like flowers.
lol.png

Last edited:
About 10 years ago we had a bad spell, and decided to go for a deer. what a thrill, I will probably never do it again but it was awesome, we even bagged a couple of rabbits and squirrel best eatin" I ever had. Also Mourning Doves are delicious.

I too liked walking through the woods with a riffle
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom