Who plants Morning Glories

I dont have any planted yet - but I have some seeds started in the kitchen that will go outside in a few weeks
fl.gif
I plan on planting them at the base of an old windmill that lost the blades along time ago, so it will look great - I have no idea what the colors are since it is a mix pouch.

I cant wait till spring to get here

Julie

I haven't planted them because I have deer netting over my runs that keeps getting covered with honeysuckle that caused it to sag and break and I think MG would do the same. What I'd like to do would be to cover the runs with 2x4 wire with strong posts in the middle of the run to prevent sagging and then let the MG & honeysuckle take over. I think it would be so pretty and provide much needed shade in the hot summer. So far I haven't had the $ to allow such a venture over our large runs.

The ones I have planted are annuals. I have never had them come back with out planting.. We do have the wild small morning glories that are troublsome. i try to keep them pulled up before they bloom

I plant them! I just can't grow them....I have a purple thumb.
he.gif

For almost four years I have tried to follow in my Mom's footsteps and plant and tend to flowers and a veggie garden.
roll.png

How well I do can be summed up in what my DH said to me last planting season, and I quote: "Why do you even bother?"
barnie.gif

But I just love how beautiful Morning Glories are, and I have a packet of seeds out in the garage somewhere, so maybe this will be the year! If not, I'll have to be content with the dandelions. I'm really good at growing those!!
tongue.png

Has anyone seen an orange morning glory? I have some that grow wild at my house. The flower is very small but shaped just like a morning glory and the leaves look the same. My DH hates them but I told him not to kill them because I have never seen them anywhere else before. If you want to see a picture I can send you one. (maybe if I can figure out how it works on this new computer. I miss Kodack Easy Share)

I haven't planted any in the past year, but I was growing them and selling the seeds on eBay. I have seeds several different species, colors, and types. I really love the Japanese morning glories, and several of the rarer ones. There was a group of us on Dave's Garden that was experimenting with cross-pollination and trying to grow some of the more tropical species that are rare to the US. You wouldn't believe the diversity out there.

Here's one that I grew the year before last called Purple Tye Dye.

purp_tyedye_03.jpg

A link to some I've grown. I haven't updated it in awhile.

http://www.geocities.com/queenb120467/morning_glories.html

Back
Top Bottom