Who Says They Can't Fly?! Hannah Can!

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
DCP_0507.jpg

The coop roof where she went up is 6 ft tall or more-its over 6 ft tall inside, plus that area is about a foot off the ground. She was motivated, LOL. Actually, she was hormonal-acting and looking for something, so I realized she was about to lay an egg for the first time and put her on a nest. There she sits still.

I have a EE hen that is a flyer. She loves to sit on my cloths line. I caught her the other day on top of her coop. I know it is an easy 6ft tall. Just as soon as she thought I was coming after her she got down, lol.

My Ameraucanas can fly very well. The bottom-heavy Barred Rocks rarely make it more than a couple of feet off the ground, though. Hannah sure wanted up there today. She flew up at almost the highest point, too, the bad girl!

Thats why I first took up wing clipping.
And you can believe that one sided clipping stuff if you want - until you are surprised to see one fly lopsided.

I clip em both.

Like Cyn says, they can be motivated at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
When Buddy chased Obelisk out of the yard, we were looking all over for her...some construction guys said that they saw her 40 foot up on a utility pole. I KNOW it wasn't her...it was a crow. LOL
Miss MoneyPenny was a flyer though. She once went from the back porch through the kitchen through the pass through and onto the back of Ernie's chair without even touching ground once.

Back
Top Bottom