Loud egg laying?

Quail_

Chirping
Apr 8, 2023
Today when i got home my mom called for me to go check on one of my chickens. She was being loud and was inside the coop, immediately i went in to investigate and saw that she was laying down and a bit puffy but squaking. We dont know much about chickens and this freaked us both out, we suspected she was laying an egg but neither of us have heard her do this before since she lays in the afternoon.

after a few minutes she did stop and i went to check on her again. She was quite and began to move around then became a penguin and laid an egg! Im of course extremely happy i got to see how she acts when she lays an egg and even happier that she used the area they sleep in to lay her egg instead of the ground. But what still concerns me a bit is her squawking, was she just announcing that shes laying an egg or something?

My Maran not only "sings" a very loud egg song, she sings it for all the other girls too when they go in to lay. Did I mention she's really loud and enthusiastic? 🤣
The others make sounds ranging from purrs, trills, and soft chuckles, and then my sweet Speckled Sussex that sounds like a dinosaur being strangled 😳

My Maran not only "sings" a very loud egg song, she sings it for all the other girls too when they go in to lay. Did I mention she's really loud and enthusiastic? 🤣
The others make sounds ranging from purrs, trills, and soft chuckles, and then my sweet Speckled Sussex that sounds like a dinosaur being strangled 😳
Thats hilarious! I cant wait to hear the rest of my chickens to start laying

Back
Top Bottom