Who shops at dollar stores?? Any favorites?

Quote:
we do to LOL it has everything in it

You people make me sick!!!!!!
somad.gif

I felt like we were doing good to have canned/dry/snack foods.

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
You have a fridge section in your Dollar Tree????
th.gif
WOW Just WOW

we do to LOL it has everything in it

It's probably the region? Every 'dollar store' up here that I've been to has a fridge section. But the Dollar Tree has actual cases, lined down a row. Pizza, eggs, milk, lunchables, pies, ice cream, all that junk. Porkroll is pricey up here. The last time I bought it in a grocery, it was 4-5 bucks. I wait until I got to the $ store and stock up, especially if it's on sale 4 for a $1.
big_smile.png

WOW that is just amazing. I wonder if San Antonio has a big one with a fridge section. Ours is pretty small, too, which is probably my biggest problem.

And Mark thinks it is FUNNY!!!!!
smack.gif

Quote:
I know hes your son but everyone shares their care packages so thanks alot for doing that,its little things like that,that help get thru those long tours

Quote:
LOL! i couldn't help it..

but is that the only one in your area?

we have 5 in our area 4 of witch with the fridge section

I'll admit I have a weakness for a quality dollar store (is that an oxymoron?): Dollar Tree and 98 Cent Store are my favs.

My joke was always to take a date to one and say, "Babe, you can have any (one) think you want in the whole store!"
wink.png

I head straight for the tools isle and sometimes to the stationary isle. A lot of the stuff is junk, but every now and then you find a diamond amongst the tons of coal.

Example: I went and they had external light fixtures with photocells (to detect dark) so they would auto switch on at night. Only $1 for the fixture and the bulb!!! I think they were probably free to the $ store because they had PG&E stickers all over them with text about a program for converting to energy saving fluorescent lights. I got like 12 of them (figured I could hack the photocell for some fun chicken projects).
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am so rolling laughing over this one because I actually had a date take me to Walmart once and say I could pick "ANY can of soup I wanted"!!! First and last date with that one!!!

Yes, Mark, that is our only one!!! Pretty sad, huh!!! I happen to live in Tiny Town Arkansas.
sad.png

I live in a very small town and we have four dollar stores: Dollar General, Fred's, Super 10 and Family Dollar. I probably shop at Dollar Tree the most, but you have to know your prices. One day I found my hair dye on the clearance rack, bought all they had, about 8. I might buy cleaning supplies, plastic bins, a variety of things.

When we visit the closest large town, we occasionally stop by Big Lots, where, again, you need to know your prices. That said, we have really found some bargains there. We've found several DVD's for $3.00 each and got one last week for $1.00.

Quote:
We had local ones within 20 miles....the Dollar Tree bought them out . I shopped for my 4 yr old niece for christmas this year there...coloring books , paints , hair ties , etc . Can't seem to shop there for anyone else though
hu.gif

I did my little niece's and nephew's there too plus stocking stuffers for the GD and doggie toys! We have Family Dollar & Dollar General within less than 10 min. and Dollar Tree about 20 min. away. I got great "body pillows" for the kids for $5.
Dollar Tree is the only one where EVERYTHING is actually 1$.

Back
Top Bottom