Who shows dogs?

Quote:
That's a tough breed to hang with. How many dogs/grump does it take to make points in your division? I know labs are worse than danes and danes are 14/18 here in Tx...

I had my first dane for 11 years i worked him in obedience and agility. I miss him very much!! he loved agility sepcially going thru the tunnel!! He sounded like rolling thunder! LOL

Quote:
My 1st show girl Frankie LOVES the tunnel too! No one at training class could believe it b/c she did it better than the heelers
smile.png

OK now that I've responded to everyone else LOL
I was originally in dane rescue for a few years and had a harl boy who I did rally with that I recently lost.
I have a black girl who was my 1st show prospect and was shot by a neighbor and then had a toe removed so is out of the ring and about to do my 1st breeding now.
And now my 2nd show girl is a fawn who was sired by the 2007 #2 male dane.
So no Ch.'s yet, but I am VERY dedicated to the breed and quite confident that I will have some Ch's under my belt soon
wink.png

Im sorry to here about your loss and your girl, why did he shoot her?
My dane was a merle, a big boy, he was over 36 inches and weighed in a @150. Im debating if I want to get another. We lost him at age 11 and that was because he couldnt get up any more, Other wise if it wasnt for that i belive he would be here still!
Do you have a website or pics of your dogs?

I used to show Great Danes, but don't anymore. One of my pups is out there in the show ring now though! He only needs one more major win for his championship! She also has another one of my pups that has her obedinance title, plus she is a registered therapy dog! I have been raising Danes now for 30 plus years. My oldest dane was 15 yrs 2 months when she passed on, but my average is 13 years.

Quote:
Thanks about my loss of my boy --- I was hyserical to say the least. As far as why she was shot...your guess is as good as mine. My dogs are all immacuately (sp?) well behaved. (All obedience trained, etc) Thankfully the man we are 99% positive did it has since moved. We couldn't prove it w/o doing a ballistics test and removing the pellet from her shoulder would have killed her and she is fine now.
I have a friend building a site for me now. If you're interested in pix of my guys, send me an e-mail and I'll be happy to provide them.
Kristi

Back
Top Bottom