Who shows dogs?

I showed Belgian Tervuren & Pembroke Welsh Corgi pretty consistently for 30 years (conformation/obedience/tracking/agility). Then I went to work for AKC as a field inspector and it 'broke the habit'!!!

When I left AKC, I decided to take up dog show vending and now cart my wares to dogs shows some 30+ weekends a year. Currently, I have a great little Pembroke, WILLOW, whose intense agility background (her daddy is a triple MACH) is making me feel guilty for not working her more. She is ready for her CGC and, hopefully, we'll get a few Rally titles on her next year. It's tough though finding time for anything else, after the horses, chickens, garden, and work.

I have Labradors, we have been showing for about 14 years.. I have one bred by Champion. I have 4 dogs that have points..Poppi seems to be on a bit of a streak, but the next big show around here she is going with a handler, because we will be at a CHICKEN show!
We do Conformation, agility, obedience, and hunt tests. Keeps me busy enough to be able to stay home full time and take care of them!
Have a litter of 11 little yellows right now, they are soo cute!

We show Great Danes. Our first girl was a champion, won two Award of Merits at Westminter, and Brood grump at our National Specialty and a certified therapy dog.

She produced....

5 American Champions (one finished with a 5pt major at our National Specialty and his brother is now a BISS and also won an AOM at Westminster)
2 Candian Champions
9 more AKC pointed

Kristie

We show American Cocker spaniels, Did show and breed Bulldogs for about 6 years. The bulldog was my husbands breed, when my husband got hurt we retired our lines and have our reitred lady she has 5 points. But as for me and my cockers I show in conformation, obedience, agility. I have titels in the states and Canada I have gone up to a CDX in both countries. Right now I am working on finishing our Papillon boy who needs three singles to finish then hell be starting obedience and agility. Have been showing for 23 years started as a junior handler. Now Im working with my 5 yr old daughter she wants to show! I also am foscusing on my custom embroidery , I have all breeds that i have designed my self.
its nice to see others with the same interests.
Jean:weee

I have bred titled and shown Belgian Malinois for the past 15+ yrs earning titles on dogs in the Breed ring, Tracking, Herding, Obedience and Rally. As well as being the breeder of numerous dogs titled in the above areas plus agility and working sports.
I have been lucky to have a good deal of success.
I hope to finish my current mushy young Bred by boy Labor day weekend!
Catherine

We show English Setters in conformation in AKC and UKC. I also have 1 ES with a RN title. RTight now we have 6 ES all are AKC/UKC CH. except the girl with the RN title. She developed a wry jaw as a youngster so retired from conformation with 9 points. We have several specialty winners and home bred champions.
After 20 years we are slowing down some on showing just recently and looking at doing some new stuff...like chickens! lol
Our website for the dogs is at www.grandviewsetters.com but I haven't updated it in over several years. lol

Poodles.
big_smile.png
We haven't sent anything of our own out to show in a couple of years, just due to lack of time, but our pups are going great guns with their owners, in conformation and performance (agility and obedience). I have titled dog in agility years ago, and would love to get back into that.

We are anxiously awaiting confirmation of pregnancy in our champion grump, which will be our first litter in nearly three years.

Quote:
Which size?

We have standards and miniatures, but we only breed and show conformation with the minis. Standards are just too much of a mine-field genetically right now for my comfort, so I'd rather let someone else do that breeding, and buy a puppy when I want another one. Our newest addition is a standard pup who is to be my husband's water retriever. She's a fetching fool, and looks promising. She is from proven hunting stock, so we have high hopes for her.

Quote:
Susan,
Do you keep in touch with collie breeders? I don't want to plan the day, but when my collieX (rescue) passes (he has a weird tumor which we're about to have removed & examined) I will want to get a collie to show and do obedience/agility with as I am of course a dane addict but I can't imagine NOT having a collie around.
Kristi

Back
Top Bottom