Who uses Little Giant Incubators?

I have the little giant and have had NO problems so far. Temp stays at 99-100. I know this because my thermo. has the high and low readings. I think its a great incubator. Well its made out of styrofoam so you cant just toss it around but why would you want to do that anyways. I see lots of post here that say they arnt worth it but i say for $45 its well worth it.

i baby sat the last hatch cuz it was my first and i loved watching the eggs even though they are just eggs for 18 days or so. lol. i candled them every day. but i don't just want things to go wrong 50% in and have to restart. i'm not prone on wanting to have to return something and everything .

We are currently using an LG incubator... We are on day 16 and have yet to have a temp spike (knock on wood)... In fact our temp hasn't gone over 102 and when it did reach 102 we opened the lid for a few seconds and it went right back to 100! We took out both red plugs... I think its helping with temp control. We do not have a fan and we are hand turning too! So far we like it but, we were kinda disappointed in how cheap its built but anyhow for $40 I think it was a good buy!

It can be done! Mine spiked at 103.1 on several occasions (that I know about). Did what Peggy-Sue did. Day 20 & have 3 healthy chicks so far!
All depends how much time you're willing & able to put into it. I have the luxury to monitor all day long. Still, I would love a more advanced unit!

I guess I'm a little aprehensive about buying a incubator. Last time I used a hovabator that i did check on daily cuz i'm practically always home. lol
but i'm not too crazy that a lot of people have spikes and really can't really afford to buy one that is tempermental. Eeek.

Dilemma! They did survive those temp spikes. Don't know how much exposure they got to it, but I think the LG is worth a shot. My 4th has made some progress - starting to zipper! Dunno about the 5th. Nothing there, but its only day 20.

Dilemma! They did survive those temp spikes. Don't know how much exposure they got to it, but I think the LG is worth a shot. My 4th has made some progress - starting to zipper! Dunno about the 5th. Nothing there, but its only day 20.
What kinda eggs do you have????

Back
Top Bottom