Who uses Nutrena Nature wise Layer feed?

Quote:
How long ago did you get your feed? I just got a new price list in (my prices as a dealer) and per bag on a pallet (1 ton of feed) is .15 more than what you're paying. The pellets are a little cheaper, and the chick starter/grower is more yet (as always).

Just as a note, if you're buying from a store that buys in a few tons of feed at a time, watch the date on the grain. This is true for ANY feed, not just Nutrena
big_smile.png

Quote:
How long ago did you get your feed? I just got a new price list in (my prices as a dealer) and per bag on a pallet (1 ton of feed) is .15 more than what you're paying. The pellets are a little cheaper, and the chick starter/grower is more yet (as always).

Just as a note, if you're buying from a store that buys in a few tons of feed at a time, watch the date on the grain. This is true for ANY feed, not just Nutrena
big_smile.png

My last pickup was 2 weeks ago. If I remember right it's ranged from as low as $9 up to $12 in the last year. I don't pay that close attention to it but will at next pickup.

Quote:
Anyone know what the average "shelf life" of a bag of feed is before losing significant nutrient value? I usually buy a 2 month supply of chicken feed at a time, more for goat and pig feed (sometimes 3-4 months)...

I used the Nutrena for years and loved it. I recently switched to WSI (a division of Simplot) out here in Idaho. I mix two 50 pounders of laying pellets and 1 50 pounder of cracked corn in a galvanized trash can. It's moisture and rodent proof. We can't keep up with all the eggs.

There isn't a dealer within 100 miles that even carries Nutrena feed. They do carry Purina brands and MannaPro as well.
An I only buy the Purina StartGrow, BOSS, Scratch and soon Layena layer feed.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
farmersuze
i tried feeding rabbit pellets thinking high protein. they won't touch them. Ended up feeding them to the horses. They loved them.

Our TSC has just started (10-06-09) to carry every brand you can think of, Dumor, Nutrena, Purina & more...All are priced under $13 with a SALE price of $9.99 until closing tonite...my girls don't care what brand they get...I see no difference except in my wallet... read the ingre. tag on the bag, same - same....9 RIR pullets, 4 Ameraucanas pullets, 4 Bard Rock hen, 2 RIR hens, 1 Black Star pullet & last but not least, 3 Barnyard chicks @ 2 1/2 months old..
looks like the old Ameraucana rooster left a baby rooster to take his place...He had to go, 1 mean dude...
lol.png
wee.gif

Here in Springfield IL, I shop at Farm & Home and I started my chicks on Nutrena's Nature Wise Starter food and they did great. The bag said from weeks 1-6 and then said to switch to grower from weeks 7-18. Well I couldn't find "Grower/finisher" anywhere, so we stayed on Starter until around week 16 then swiched all 20 over to layer and I had an egg within days. They are all on Layer now and have been for about three months and no trouble. I now pick up two bags of Layer and one of "Scratch Gains" every time I make a trip.

I pay about $7.99 for a 40 pound bag of Layer and $8.99 for a 40 pounder of Scratch Garins. I bet I get 300 eggs out of that amount of feed. They love the Nature Wise Scratch Garins from Nutrena!

Any one ever pick up a "Flock Block"???

Quote:
Did you ask your dealer if they could order it for you? Thats how I got mine at our feed store. Although, they are a Nutrena dealer, mostly horse feed and such. They usually use Purina and their sister company, Country Acres for chicken feed.

Back
Top Bottom