Who wants to come clean my coop?

I used ta coulda done it all but not anymore. Now I hire people to come do my dirty work. Its the only way I can get it done. Arthritis and bad back...things just don't work well anymore. I could actually hire two kids to each come once a week and keep them busy. I pay well too! I don't want to give up my hobbies/entertainment, but just can't do the heavy stuff.

Quail are worse! I have them on wire and shovel the poop. NEVER bleach a quail pen, they have ammonia in their poop. Oh, and I clean out 3 chicken coops, and rabbit pens.
sickbyc.gif
Too bad I have no excuse to hire someone...

I was just starting on the second coop when my wonderful husband came home from work! He helped me haul the recycling bin to the field and dump the old poop! Then shoveled out the coop for me and I replaced PDZ, shavings and watered them! I had to get it all done today because it was getting bad from all the snow and melting! I have a bad back and a hurt wrist so I loved the help!
Then I found out that he got me a Valentines Day card and I didnt get him anything! He says its fine cuz of all the years he didnt get me anything or blah, blah,blah! I still feel like crud! He does my chicken chores every morning and locks them up at night! What a great guy!

I cleaned mine out today .I was in there about 1 hour. last time i cleaned it was about a month ago .I was going for layer method but I failed. MY first time i lasted 4 mnths I couldn't do it this time! 1 month and it was much easier I think thats the way to go. I staples cardboard on the 2X4s that they sleep on last time because my boards didn't dry:rolleyes: after i washed them. so this time around I just removed the cardboard and my boards where nice and clean.

I have a wonderful husband and he has a tractor! Its not to hard... although the BLRW coop gets really dirty fast and I've had to clean it out twice this winter...
sickbyc.gif

I would love to get paid to clean coops!

I don't mind the cleaning of the chicken shed so much. I have problems with where to put all the pooped shavings. It is HARD to drag garbage cans of the stuff all over the yard. And I really need some muck boots!

I need some muck boots too! And I dont have a tractor ...too muddy for the old wheelbarrow I own! I dump the poop and shavings over my garden area or right back into the hay field!

I LOVE cleaning my coop. Honest!
thumbsup.gif
I must be half chicken, cause I feel like a kid playing in the sandbox, out there in my muck boots, having a ball with my girls.

My main hen house is divided into 2 sections. Each has a 7 x 9 nesting room with wood floor, and a 15x9 dirt-floored indoor run. All winter, I shovel the dirty shavings from the nest rooms to the dirt area. Come Spring, I dig, shovel, pitchfork, rake it all out the pop door into the chicken pasture behind. Later, DH digs it up with the tractor and puts it on the garden.

Today was the beginning of that Spring cleaning. 8 - 10 inches of shavings and poo caked down in a heavy soggy mass, and I had just so much fun out there. The satisfaction of finding the nice clean dirt under the crap is so HUGE!

I am gonna be SO SORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel it already.
old.gif
I only got about 1/2 of it done, but the girls are having a blast playing in that newfound dirt floor!
D.gif

Am I just plain crazy, or does anybody else actually enjoy working in the hen house?

Back
Top Bottom