Whoohoo!! Babies hatching!!!

The second one has hatched, another black fuzzy. They looks like twins!
smile.png

More may hatch, we will see but I am very happy with these two.
smile.png

I am not opening the incubator yet, want to make sure everyone hatches thats supposed to. Even after several hatches, its STILL tempting,lol.

Last edited:
This is kind of embarrassing because I thought I messed up the hatch by moving the eggs from the Lyons to the LG. I basically put a sponge in there and thought that likely there would be nothing. Until I heard the squawking from the first one!! So I dont know how long he took. The second was pipping at that time, but I am not sure when he had started. He took about an hour to hatch all the way out. However, I had some chicks in my last hatch that took a lot longer.

It IS exciting and doesnt get old! I cant imagine NOT enjoying hatching.
smile.png

No more babies yet. I set up the brooder, if none are pipping in the morning I am going to put the two into the brooder. Thats how I did it with my last hatch and it went fine(I had my doubts for sure) though I would never open the bator if some were pipping.

congrats Mags. That's a bummer none of the eggs I sent are hatching yet.. I sure hope they do. Did you candle them any more? I would love to see more of Rusty's kids.

Congrats on your hatch!
jumpy.gif
I have peeps hatching too..so eggciting.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom