Who's are who's?

Quote:
lau.gif

Ewww for the lipstick!
gig.gif

I have not yet tried the food colouring. Can't really be bothered
lol.png

Barred rocks usually don't lay dark eggs. My PR lays the darkest brown of all my girls, and your girl looks just like her.

The ear colour is only indicative of the colour of the egg, not the shade. Both will lay brown.

Ok then,
I will assume that Roxie is laying the lighter eggs.......
Sooooo, she's the slacker! Shirley has been giving me an egg every day with ( it seems like ) every Sunday off. There are no eggs yet today, and there is usually one in the box by now....the darker one.
The lighter eggs have been showing up every other day. Roxie is a good girl though. She follows me around like a little pet dog.
I'm glad everyone was able to shed some light on this! My hubby thanks you all very much!
celebrate.gif

On another note, I don;t think your NH red is actually a NH red. I think she is a cinnamon queen

newhampshire-web-2.jpg

NH red

images

Cinnamon queen

The person I bought my PR from said she was a RIR, so don't feel bad
tongue.png
Some people just don't know either way.

The BR is definatley laying the lighter eggs. We have 2 and one of them comes out so light its almost pink. Lightest brown eggs of all our brown egg layers.

Quote:
Really?!? I'm a newbie, so I am only going by what the guy who sold them to me told me. Thanks so much for that info!
bow.gif

No problem
smile.png

My barred rock is a poor layer, so it is completely understandable why your other girl is laying much better. My PR is laying even in her molt! They are wonderful layers
big_smile.png

You bought them from craigslist right? Yeah.. Some people will say whatever they can to make a sale
hmm.png

Cinnamon Queen Chicken Breed Information:

The Cinnamon Queens are one of three Modern Day Brown egg laying strains from hybrid breeding that produce fast body development and fast egg production. These strains will start to lay eggs at a younger age than most standard breeds and produce big brown eggs. They are also color sexable as chicks, cockerels are white, and the pullets are more brownish red in color, leg color is mostly yellow but will get some greenish color in the leg color. Feathering color varies with brownish feathers and white feathers on the hens. You are sure to be pleased with any one of the three we offer.

Chicken Facts:

Weights - Hen-----5-6 lbs Rooster------7-8 lbs
Pullet---5 1/2 lbs Cockerel----7 1/2 lbs

Purpose - Dual Purpose: egg laying and meat production

Egg Color - Brown

Egg Production - Prolific: 250-300 eggs per year

Country of Origin - United States

APA: -No

ALBC: -No

Quote:
Really?!? I'm a newbie, so I am only going by what the guy who sold them to me told me. Thanks so much for that info!
bow.gif

No problem
smile.png

My barred rock is a poor layer, so it is completely understandable why your other girl is laying much better. My PR is laying even in her molt! They are wonderful layers
big_smile.png

You bought them from craigslist right? Yeah.. Some people will say whatever they can to make a sale
hmm.png

Cinnamon Queen Chicken Breed Information:

The Cinnamon Queens are one of three Modern Day Brown egg laying strains from hybrid breeding that produce fast body development and fast egg production. These strains will start to lay eggs at a younger age than most standard breeds and produce big brown eggs. They are also color sexable as chicks, cockerels are white, and the pullets are more brownish red in color, leg color is mostly yellow but will get some greenish color in the leg color. Feathering color varies with brownish feathers and white feathers on the hens. You are sure to be pleased with any one of the three we offer.

Chicken Facts:

Weights - Hen-----5-6 lbs Rooster------7-8 lbs
Pullet---5 1/2 lbs Cockerel----7 1/2 lbs

Purpose - Dual Purpose: egg laying and meat production

Egg Color - Brown

Egg Production - Prolific: 250-300 eggs per year

Country of Origin - United States

APA: -No

ALBC: -No

Wow! Well whattya know! She is a huge bird. I thought I was just making her fat with treats. My hubby thinks they will weigh 600 lbs with me as their mommy.
lau.gif

I might add, I have a rooster of this breed and he is the most docile rooster i have had.Does not mind anything that takes place around the hens such as cleaning,feeding,all the things we must do for the flock.He grew at an unbelievable rate.It took me a long time to figure the breed out because we see many of these here.I have him with four gold comet hens that are not laying yet so i'm curios how they will do when they start to lay.

Quote:
Mine play tricks on me by switching back and forth between boxes all morning.
hu.gif

Mine too. They are indecisive!
gig.gif

Mine, on the other hand, all seem to prefer the same box. I have four girls, two nest boxes, three layers, and they all use the same box. Go figure.

mm

Back
Top Bottom