Who's attending the Stockton, CA show?

Quote:
Paul, those are super excellent ideas!!! I feel bad because I've never been to a poultry show and just expected it to be like the Alameda Fair and other shows I've been to... basically more food options and real "booths".

Next year and/or next get together:

1. Before the show people post their pics with their usernames and (if they want) their names. This will help with the prep of faces to names!
2. Scout out bigger booths / place to meet / places to eat. Maybe everyone brings, buys whatever they want and we all just eat together instead of trying to decide together.
3. Booth duty. If we could have just a handful of people all volunteer then each person’s booth duty would only be like an hour.
4. HUGE name tags. Ones you can see from 3 feet away!!!
wink.png

5. Longer introductions with your username and real name mentioned at the beginning of intro AND at the end of your intro.

Add to the list with your ideas. Fortunately we have a super great huge banner for each event!!

I would definitely donate some booth time at the next show!
smile.png
Since I live so close, it wouldn't be a problem at all for me.

Nametags would be great, especially where Rob and I are concerened.
wink.png

As far as lunch, it would have worked better if we would have brought our own and did potluck or decided on a place to eat beforehand. Dan and I will ask around and try to find some good places to eat that are closer to the fairgrounds. I'm sure there are places closer than were we went to; we just to not spend much time in that area at all so we have no idea of where they are!
smile.png

Austin is in the cowboy hat and Caity Grace is next to him. I'm the pudgy one behind them
tongue.png
Jessica is next to me in the gray shirt next to Kanchii. Yep, thats us all right.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Haha. I guess we will give them alias names once they start wanting to post......those are perfect!
smile.png

I'll have Rob add their names in to the photo label since the other kids' are on there. It's Alana (who wasn't so thrilled to be in the pic
roll.png
smile.png
) & April.

Last edited:
OEGBman, I'm sorry we didn't get to meet. I was looking foward to meeting you because I always enjoy your posts. Maybe next time. By the way, when is next time? Are there any other shows that happen in North or Central CA or is this pretty much it? If there's something else, we'll be there!
Liz

Liz, I stood next to you pretty much the whole time,lol. Im sorry I didnt introduce myself, Im just really shy around new people.

Hey OEGBman,

In the group pic, i'm the guy on the right with goatee

I figured that was you! When we were getting in the car Lynn, Lori and I saw you guys drive off and we were all trying to figure out who you were,lol.

Jordan, you didn't describe yourself accurately (aside from the shy part, which sort of surprises me, but is one of those "internal" traits that isn't for me to describe). But I would describe you as, "The boy with the kind eyes & nice smile." It was great to see you again!

Well, you described me a whole lot better,lol. Im really shy when Im meeting new people, especially when I have other people to talk for me... Thanks Lynn,lol. When I first met you, it was only us so I had to talk, and I just felt more comfortable talking one on one about chickens! It was really great seeing you too, especially since I didnt know you were going to be there! BTW, I looked at those Silkies today and sure enough, TWO cockerals!

Rob, I think that list of ideas is great. I think most of us were pretty shy and didnt know what to do,lol. We all need to stand up in front of the group and tell them our names and screennames,lol.

I did NOT know that was Lisa aka wooden_pony!!!! Sheesh, I wanted to talk to her! She's got Bearded Dragons! Curse this shyness!
he.gif

Also, Michelle, when you first introduced yourself to Lynn and Lori, I think you thought I was either Lynn or Lori's son,lol. Because you asked their screennames, but not mine. I was that kid with them.
tongue.png

Definitely makes things even more tricky when younger people on the forum bring parents that aren't members and when parents who are on the forum bring kids that aren't... my brain still hurts!

Yup, BIG name tags next year with COLORS:

BLUE - I'm A Member Of BYC

RED - I Support A Member Of BYC

big_smile.png

Maybe we should all show up at the Fresno show and get it right this time!

Oh, yeah, and Jordan, I am going to make you a yellow nametag that says, "I'm too chicken to talk!"
lau.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Haha, definitely. The funny thing was, we are ALL members, and I guess she didnt realize it. I still met her either way, and she was really nice. Who cares if she knew who I was,lol.

Those name tags would work, although my parents sat in the car for some time,lol. My mom likes my birds, but my dad is not an animal person.

Lynn, if I could I would! Stockton is the only show for me. After I start driving myself, then no one can stop me!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom