Who's Hatching Ducks? Hatch With Us!! *Page 3*

I had one chick hatch on 26 I noticed a duck egg that looked grey
sad.png
it was leaking and stuck to turner i had to spray warm water on it to get it loose. It looked like it died around day 16 . I have no idea why the other look fine and r moving they are due May 2. I also lost a chick this morning that piped and it looked like the yolk broke he was blowing yellow foam out the top. He had his beak out and then a few hrs later he stoped breathing i removed him quickly out of bator. Poor baby I just hope ducks hatch

That's wonderful. I am happy for you. I don't think mine are going to hatch. I am petty bummed out. It is amazing. I have raised my chichens that I picked up at the Hathery, but i really wanted to save these wild ducks. I see no black spots on the outside so I will still give them more time, but I think something went wrong.

My first ever Swedish duckling just hatched this morning! Its all black with just a little yellow on its neck. I am in shock and uber excited
celebrate.gif

Lousy pics I know, but I didn't want to open the bator!

10683_screenhunter_15_apr_28_1113.gif

10683_screenhunter_14_apr_28_1113.gif

Good luck to everyone!

ETA: I think that little duck might be dark blue and not black afterall. Its drying and getting lighter.

Last edited:
Awwwwwwww -
love.gif

Meanwhile back at my place - lalalalala...I'm sitting on my hands...I'm sitting on my hands....all 5 of the buggers are a rockin' and a rollin'.

It is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard not to touch them....soooooooooo hard.....

he.gif
barnie.gif
droolin.gif

Woke up this morning to another goose:)Ran to town today and came back to find two Saxony babies out of their shells! I think they wait for me to leave before hatching:D The Saxony's had barely pipped when I left. I was only gone 3 hours..

Ducky.....

I'm so PROUD of you for sitting on your hands!!!
celebrate.gif

I found out my husband miscounted the days and moved the ducks to the hatcher one day early, so our due date is today. Right now, we have seven pipping, but I doubt this will be a good percentage hatch because we put quite a few older eggs in. They were developing, but I'm not sure if they will make it the whole way. We wanted to see how far we could push it at the time. Now, we decided to try to sell or give away for eating eggs when we have the bator full. It's too frustrating to spend so much time waiting and then realize we might not get most of the eggs to hatch.

Still waiting for our geese to get to the point where I can get excited....like four days after they hatch! We have BYC eggs in the bators: buff geese, Lavender Ice, frizzle cochins, and turkeys. Then, I have dewlaps and sebbies! AND, creseted runner ducks and regular runners. It's going to be a long month! Wait, wait, wait.
jumpy.gif

I have a Saxony! One is out, one is halfway out, two are rocking, and one is taking his sweet little ol' time.

PLUS - I fixed my computer that crashed last week - so now I will be able to run my backup and get my camera online again. Whew...that is a huge relief.

They are all mutts, Mom is pure buff hen while the dads vary from:
Mallard drake
Domestic bibbed mallard drake
Mallard x Buff drake

Once I have them sexed ( first time trying vent sexing ) I am selling all drakes and maybe a few hens ( maybe not )

10o4gg6.jpg

2dl1wmx.jpg

1581s7d.jpg

25ow0sg.jpg

ohv381.jpg

j9occk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom