Who's laying the dark brown egg that keeps getting darker??

Is it possible that my Brown Leghorn is a Welsummer..? Here's a picture of my brown leghorn. But it doesn't make sense because sometimes we pick up 2 white eggs at a time.
I do believe this is your answer. You indeed have a Welsumer. :love

Does the blue bird have feathered or clean legs? Where did they come from. Hatchery JG are runty anyways. :pop

Is it possible that my Brown Leghorn is a Welsummer..? Here's a picture of my brown leghorn. But it doesn't make sense because sometimes we pick up 2 white eggs at a time.

I would say you have two leghorns if picking up two white eggs and check every day. So rule that out.

I do believe this is your answer. You indeed have a Welsumer. :love

Does the blue bird have feathered or clean legs? Where did they come from. Hatchery JG are runty anyways. :pop

The blue one has clean legs (I think you're talking about the suspected jersey giant). My mom has suspicions that the "jersey giant" is the one laying the spotted eggs because she's the only one that really hangs out under the coop. And the dark brown eggs are always under the coop. The other eggs are in the the coop.

I would say you have two leghorns if picking up two white eggs and check every day. So rule that out.

Yeah I just figured they were two leghorns but the brown one doesn't have white earlobes

Here is a good range of what a dark Brahma egg color is like. See link. I think it is the Brahma.
https://www.cacklehatchery.com/dark-brahmas.html

Yeah I saw the pictures but the eggs in question are at least a good 3 shades darker

Back
Top Bottom