Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marmalade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hezevz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 26, 2013
Out of my four girls I'm not sure which one of them isn't laying yet.

Dippy-Buff Orpington
Strudel-Red Star
Eggo-Silver Laced Wyandotte
Miss Marmalade-Barred Rock

I get three eggs every day, but I'm not sure who isn't laying yet. So far I get a darker brown egg, a light brown, egg and an off white egg. I'm positive that Dippy is laying already because I've seen her in action so I know she's the light brown egg. Who do you think isn't laying?

My guess would be that the Silver-Laced Wyandotte isn't laying. The dark brown egg looks like the Red Star eggs that I've seen, and the one on the far right looks like its Dippy's egg. In my experience, both Barred Rocks and Wyandottes lay light brown colored eggs. I'm guessing the Wyandotte isn't laying because Barred Rocks are usually better layers (and would have started sooner). It could really be either of those two birds.

X2 that Eggo is the slacker, the dark one looks like a Red Star egg, BRs are usually start sooner and that pretty pinkish egg is just really big for a Wyandotte pullet.

I only had wyandottes once, but many of them started laying at 20 weeks like all the rest of the breeds over the years. If you get 3 eggs a day, 4 chickens could still be laying.

Everyone is finally laying. I get four different varieties of beautiful eggs now every day.
:)

And thanks, DLV58.

Back
Top Bottom