Who's Starting the 3-Day-Wait Today?

chicksgalore

Songster
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
I will turn my 25 eggs for the last time this afternoon. I am so hoping for more success this time--in the past, I've often done what I've come to understand is a very fatal error...opened the bator the last 3 days. SO, I'm NOT going to do that this time plus I think I've had better luck with my humidity this time.

Just wondered who else is going to be watching the next couple days?

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
oh good luck, I have finally gotten to th point where I can egnor the hatcher instead of spending countless hours staring into it waiting lol. now I just go to bed or go work and pretend like nothing is happening until I hear a chick break out then I am glued to the darn thing until they all come out lol

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
I'm moving 15 cuckoo marans from the bator to the hatcher tonight. Fingers crossed as I have had some temp fluctuations and those dark eggs are impossible to candle!

BTW-I have 2 other eggs to move to the hatcher in 2 days. I'm so dreading opening it to add those two, but since the hatcher is a genesis I'm hoping it will recover quickly.

Becky

HidingInTheHenHouse

Songster
11 Years
Jun 21, 2008
Indianapolis
Just removed the turner last night. Have 7 shipped Black Copper Marans, and 10 of my own - Ameraucana x Rhode Island Red. This is my first time hatching my own eggs, so it is pretty exciting!! I can't wait to see what the cute little chicks will look like. I set 10 eggs, and all are still in there. No losses so far. On the BC Marans, I started with 12 and removed 5 at 14 days; they had all died in the first week. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed (and off the bator) for the other 7!!

Top Bottom