Who's That With Ol' Saint Nick?

LittleYellowOne

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Harford County, Maryland
It doesn't look like any child I'VE ever seen...

santa1.jpg

Let's see if we can get a little closer...

10621_santa3.jpg

For those of you who still can't tell, (I didn't wanna take the picture out of the frame to scan it), it's my silkie cockerel Blackie~

My sister works at Petsmart and mentioned Santa was there, so she paid for my Blackie to get his picture taken with a terrified Santa; people were whipping out their cellphones to get their own pictures~

A lot of people didn't know what he was; they suggested Pomerianian, a fluffy cat, some sort of parrot, or not even alive at all, and were very surprised when he made a noise at them~ When I told them that he was a "chicken", and started referring to Blackie as a "male", they were like, "Wait, I thought you said he was a chicken, NOT a rooster..."
th.gif

Anyways, he was on his best behavior. Flocks of children and other curious adults rushed to my cart to see him, pet him and ask questions, and he didn't even lift a feather. The only time he even flapped was on Santa's lap, because Jolly Saint Nick was scared of him, and wasn't sitting right, so he kept falling through his knees and losing his balance.

All in all, I think Blackie secured his place on the Nice list this year~

Isn't it so cool the way people react to a chicken in a store? They have so many questions and so many misconceptions. I wish you and Blackie a very merry Christmas!!!

LOL, a pomeranian with chicken feet. I'm so surprised people didn't know what it was. What a good experience for everyone!!

That is SO COOL! DS and I keep talking about taking our Cornish to the petshop. We should get her picture with Santa!

Shelly

If you lived where I did, you wouldn't be surprised that so many people were confused~ The people who take the pictures were so excited, my sister had been talking about him all day; the most exotic animal that they ever photographed with Santa was a bunch of ferrets~

I recommend that you all go do it! I think all Petsmarts do it, and it's only 10 dollars; when I got it done, I was told that 5 dollars of it was going to an animal charity, and you're basically only paying for the frame.

Even if you don't get their picture taken, I order you all to take your chicken's to pet-stores!
tongue.png
Educate the masses!

Back
Top Bottom