Who's your favorite Bible Teacher and Christian Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like this thread to keep going. My favorite online Bible teacher is the last person to have posted to this thread. There is a finite number of online teachers with official websites such as Les Feldick, a much greater number of Christians that can share thoughts and scripture here. Oswald Chambers book, My Utmost for His Highest, pre-web, is a great daily devotional. Today's, actually January 29th's is "Who are Thou, Lord?" ACTS 26:15. It is a great read. There is a general tendency today on the part of Christians to avoid being didactic and that is good. Compassionate at the same time being as accurate as possible in precepts I believe is the goal of a post that is intended to support, console or enlighten a reader.

Speaking of Les Feldick... he said something recently that was so simple, yet so profound to me. I'm going to paraphrase it since I don't remember exactly how he worded it, but basically it was this...
"We are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners."
In other words it is because of the sin nature that we're born with that we sin. He went on to use the example of how a little child does not have to be taught to lie, because it is in his nature to do so. I just thought it was great... so many people get that turned around and don't understand that when Adam disobeyed God, sin entered the world, and every person born since that time (with the exception of Jesus) is a natural born sinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
We like Adrian Rogers .. he comes on in the morning at the same time we drive to work ..
smile.png

Boaz, I enjoy your posts, but they hurt my brain..
hide.gif
smile.png

Sometimes I have to read them a couple of times to completely understand them. What level of education do you have .. if you don't mind my asking.. or is it just the use of language.

You are DEEP, my friend!

Quote:
BS Chem and Math from Southwestern U. in Georgetown, TX. I write differently than I speak; especially on the topic of Christianity. Wasn't thinking too deeply a couple of days ago when I accidentially set fire to our front pasture and burned a fair amount of fence before the fire department got here.

This is a great thread, thank you for starting it. Christianity is either a party theme for fried chicken dinners that can be passed off as outdated and irrelevant, or the foundation of our existence; I believe it is the second one while still loving good fried chicken.

Last edited:
More Rogers...

Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense.
Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory capacity.
If Satan can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy.
Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart.
We ought to be living as if Jesus died yesterday, rose this morning, and is coming back this afternoon.
Has it ever occurred to you that nothing occurs to God?
It’s what you sow that multiplies, not what you keep in the barn.
If you have a Bible that’s falling apart, you’ll have a life that’s not.
I wouldn’t trust the best fifteen minutes I ever lived to get me into heaven.
God grades on the Cross not on the curve.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, you know what they say .. the brilliant ones have no common sense ..
ep.gif
just kidding. I have a daughter that writes at a whole 'nuther level than she speaks .. in fact she can barely put a sentence together when she speaks .. (asperger's I think) .. but she is brilliant!

This is a great thread, thank you for starting it. Christianity is either a party theme for fried chicken dinners that can be passed off as outdated and irrelevant, or the foundation of our existence; I believe it is the second one while still loving good fried chicken.

There you go again ...
hide.gif

Quote:
This is soooo true. With everything going on in our life right now (building the house .. living in the apt .. having animals in THREE different locations .. teenagers in the house .. etc) Lately DH and I have rarely made time to stop and seek God for His guidance and will in our live .. or for that matter, His PEACE. We're too busy picking out light fixtures .. trim color .. sinks .. or running here and there and everywhere taking care of critters, not to mention family time.

We are soooooo good at filling up every speck of our lives with SOMETHING until we collapse in bed at night, and then we wonder why and how we got so off track ...

I'm thankful for that gentle yearning .. that tugging at my heart that says "I'm still here .. come unto me and I will give you rest" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom