Whose been spurred???

tx_dane_mom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 23, 2007
SE Texas
Got my 1st dose today...by a phesant of all things. Never even thought about a phesant having spurs. If this thread thrives I will tell my tell of today in the Sams Club Parking lot.

I haven't but I have always wondered just how bad it is. I kinda always pictured a little OUCH. Now I hear tales of stitches and such and it scares me!!! I want to hear more!!!!

I used to get spurred by my uncle's RIR roo all the time. You would always leave the coop with black and blue shins. Through your jeans mind you- I would never have worn shorts out there with that thing.

I have a polish rooster that spurs everyone but me. He spurred me once and I gave him a good whack and he never did it again.

Last edited:
I've been spurred multiple times by multiple pesky roosters who made lovely stew. The worst was a roo who got me real good and had I not been wearing my thick rubber boots, could have probably gone though my leg. I had half dollar sized welts on the leg he attacked. However most aren't that bad and wouldn't bruise though thick rubber boots.

I got nailed while I was bending down... right across the face from forehead to chin across my right eye. It was my fault for not keeping a closer eye on him, and if hubby has his way, he may wind up in the stewpot yet...
sad.png

Last edited:
Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

I got nailed while I was bending down... right across the face from forehead to chin across my right eye. It was my fault for not keeping a closer eye on him, and if hubby has his way, he may wind up in the stewpot yet...
sad.png

OH MY!!! Are you alright?​

Back
Top Bottom