Whose YOUR favorite chicken?

Lucy is my favorite. She is the rindleader of the rest. I blame myself for her being so strong. I gave her more of everything: worms, attention, etc.

She was my star from day one. Actually, she was the first pullet I picked out of the chicken bin at the Grange. I liked the way she ran around and was very strong even then

Lucy3.jpg

Roasty!
She is a 6 month old New Hampshire. Laying about 4x a week. Despite having a few different roosters, everyone answers to her. She is most definately the boss. And when she wants us to pick her up she squats down. She also likes to be held and falls asleep on our laps.
CIMG4228.jpg

MILLY!!

She is an RIR and was my first hen, got her at 6weeks old and she is now 2 1/2. She lays a BIG egg for a bantam, talks to me quietly, follows me everywhere, jumps for treats and defends the flock like a roo!

This is her "TREATS?!" face I get whenever I look at her lol

IMG_0690.jpg

Well, my favorite was a RIR and he passed on 2 days ago. Was a cocky little guy who knew his name and came when called and loved cheetos! I would have to say my runner up in the fave category would probably be Swayze!

313589_10150312647292319_813192318_7705805_727758064_n.jpg

285137_10150270514332319_813192318_7361219_7746096_n.jpg

Swayze is an oversized Serama.

105703_q3wetr.jpg

This is Melow
Breed: Cream Legbar
sad.png
)
She is my favouraite because shes no tame, she sits on my knee, she follows me around for food when the others peck her and i point things out to her and she gets them, shes so sweet

69266_dsc_3596.jpg

Ginger a one year old BO. Just the sweetest thing imaginable.

Unfortunately, she's going through her first moult now and no longer comes when I call her. I have to entice her up to me w/ meal worms. And she won't let me pick her up. I can't wait for her to finish moulting. I want my precious hen back.

Are you sure that Lucy is not half hawk?

Pretty huh?

She was in the bin marked Ameraucauna. The people of this forum made me realize that she is probably a cross of some type, because the Au's are often not pure, but really just easter eggers. It is not a problem. I love her whatever her breed is.​

This is my favorite!
Ying-Yang or The Rooster
Age is 6 months old
White crested Polish
He is my favorite because he is cute and sweet and he follows me like a puppy and lets me love on him all the time I carry him(when the hens aren't looking) everywhere!! He is the sweetest boy ever!! I can't imagine chicken life without him!!!!
102486_099.jpg

Back
Top Bottom