Whose YOUR favorite chicken?

Prisserbabe

Songster
8 Years
Jul 8, 2011
The chicken coop
In this thread we post pictures of our favorite chicken, say their name, breed, age, and talk about them/why you love them.
smile.png
big_smile.png
smile.png

Ill start.
99208_img_2888.jpg

This is Robin.
She is a Rhode Island Red.
She is 21 weeks old. (no eggs!
sad.png
)
She is a crazy cutie who flys up on my shoulder when i am standing straight up.
tongue.png
big_smile.png
roll.png

NOW LETS SEE YOURS!
big_smile.png

My favorite gal is Askew. She is a March 23 2011 hatch from Cackle. She is a Jersey Giant and from a very young age she has always been a unique gal.She a friendly chicken and loves to come talk to me. Although she is not SOP, with her light-colored eyes and small stature, she will always be a winner to me.

57171_100_1824.jpg

57171_100_1806.jpg

57171_100_1876.jpg

57171_img_6689.jpg

57171_img_7187.jpg

57171_img_7612.jpg

57171_img_7874.jpg

My Favorite Rooster and Hen:
003-5.JPG

Duke (above) and Lieka (below) have always been so friendly. I love them oh so much and I would cry a river if I lost one of them, my lovly babies...not that I don't love each and every single bird but I do tend to favor my smart people loving chooks/chickens. <3
005-6.JPG

Lieka suffered a head injury a few months ago and I nursed her back to health for 2 weeks in my room...duke had caught a bad cold and he stayed the night in my cage too(the recoop cage)...Lieka was born in April & Duke in March ...Columbian Brahma & Amrock ... they are alive, healthy and active every day + go nuts for the pumpkins ^_^

Last edited:
This is Duchess.

63116_101_1953.jpg

She is a bantam cochin hen of unknown age (bought as an adult) who stole my heart because she is just so darn cute. She is too "squatty" to run away fast, she lays adorable cute eggs, and is very quiet and calm. She goes with me to my grandparents' on the weekends (I'm 30 and still visit mawmaw and pawpaw every saturday) and entertains my 92 year old grandpa...
love.gif

DSCF1095.jpg

This is Cali (said like "Collie"). She is a Silkie. She was born this July.
I say she's my favorite because I've been wanting a Silkie pullet for awhile.
I just recently got her (earlier this month), and she's already a lap chick.

My favourite would have to be my oldest. No pics on the internet, but she's ever so docile. While the youngsters will launch themselves at my unprotected feet on any given opportunity and wander around glaring, looking like they've just spent five months in a warzone, Mrs. Egg will be cooing quietly to herself waiting for me to give her some treats.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom