Whose YOUR favorite chicken?

94948_foghorn_raw_raw_rooster_hens.jpg

TINY! she's blind and crippled but so sweet
love.gif
she's a house chicken now, and likes to sleep on the end of my bed. she's closing in on 6 years old now. she's a black mottled d'uccle <3

52086_dscn4147.jpg

and see my avvie
<-------------------------

Sorry about my silly post earlier. I don't know what got into me.

This is my favorite chicken, Miss Cagney. The feed store said she is a Columbian Rock, and she has the best personality! She also was the first of my flock of eight to lay an egg and gives me one just about everyday.

94948_cagney2.jpg

Our rooster, who recently passed away after protecting his hens against a fishercat.
It's the best picture I have of him, he'd always turn his bum to the camera if you didn't hold him.
MqyzXl.jpg

My favorite of the hens (all of whom survived, go rooster!):
fmMJUm.jpg

Mia, my Bantam Russian Orloff hen is my favorite. I love all my babies, and have several other favorites too, but Mia is special. We take her to poultry swaps as a chick brooder. She will take any thing that's a baby and keep it warm and safe. She loves to be held and tries to come in the house every time the door opens. Mia just doesn't think she is a chicken.
smile.png

74976_russian-orloffs.jpg

Buffy was my favorite- She was killed by something in an attack on our coop that took our whole flock.She was so sweet and the best momma-Loved her like a kid...
26453_buffy_chicks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom