Wht kind of chicken is this?

coyoteugly

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 12, 2011
Meet Liberty. She is about 19 weeks old and is a lovely girl, but has very unusual feathering. She is supposed to be an Ameraucana, but I've never seen one feathered like her. Any ideas?

103360_liberty.jpg

She has a rooster's feathers, the pointy ones down her neck and the lovely pointy ones over the base of her tail. I have a hen who's very roosterly, even crows. She also lays normal eggs, goes broody, raises chicks. I think your Miss Liberty is lovely. She may be a rooster, but the best of both worlds is like I have with Miss Rosie Bossypants, who's pretty like a rooster and motherly to her chicks, and provides us with fantastic eggs!

BTW, if Miss Liberty is a rooster, I bet that will be a GORGEOUS 2 year old rooster!

I'm hoping she's going to stay a she
smile.png
We've already had a Big Mama turn out to be Big Daddy, and an Aunt Ethel become Uncle E.

Green legs = Easter egger Pullet. The feathers are not pointy at the base of the tail. They look round. She is very pale in the face area to be a roo.

You cant sex and EE by color. Never EVER heard of that. EEs are not an autosexing breed.

Last edited:
25976_06142010736.jpg

Was told ours is a "wheaten" EasterEgger. Sold to us as an Americauna. We luuurve her, she is a funny and loveable chicken. Her eggs are so tasty sometimes she turns around and eats them. We find out later when she comes to us with egg on her face, like, "something's sticky. Can you wash me off?"

She's also fond of gettin into the house and laying around on the couch. It's very hard to kick her back out. I mean, what's the big deal, she's just watching videos or putting her green feet up...

25976_06142010701.jpg

Wonder if yours and mine are related? Yours is very, very pretty.

6chickens in St. Charles :

She has a rooster's feathers, the pointy ones down her neck and the lovely pointy ones over the base of her tail. I have a hen who's very roosterly, even crows. She also lays normal eggs, goes broody, raises chicks. I think your Miss Liberty is lovely. She may be a rooster, but the best of both worlds is like I have with Miss Rosie Bossypants, who's pretty like a rooster and motherly to her chicks, and provides us with fantastic eggs!

BTW, if Miss Liberty is a rooster, I bet that will be a GORGEOUS 2 year old rooster!

We watched the youtube. My 6 year old is still giggling. Thanks for sharing!!​

Quote:
We watched the youtube. My 6 year old is still giggling. Thanks for sharing!!

Oh you're very welcome! Isn't that the fun? One of my kids stays up reading Adventures of Barbara with me once in a while. Who knew, something as OUT THERE and nonsequetorial as "BackYard Chickens" would connect a kid with his mom to reading? Go Figure.

Best of luck with Miss Liberty. She's really pretty.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom