Why All The "Junk"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Peace Brother, and I am right their with you. WHo would really ridicule others for using recycled goods anyway.... I for one am proud to build anything I need/want by my own hand.
A+++++++++++++++++++++ for your post!

I've seen some coops that even though made of recycled materials, were still just not suitable. If you are gonna piece a coop together, make sure it's actually habitable (roof sheds water, wire isn't sagging, etc). Other then that, by all means show us what you can do with what you have found or have on hand. Hope you don't bring down the property values though.

Quote:
Other than obvious reasons... no. Some of us really need to use these "obvious things. If you have a valid reasoning against it, against using recycled/free materials please feel free to offer your insight... Otherwise I see no point to this. My best, and most secure coop is made with the remnants of a few decks that were replaced.. Even a charging tiger on steroids could not get thru those 5/4 " boards!

Quote:
That is the fact that makes it sensible. Warren buffet might have a cool looking coop, but my chickens (and yours I am sure) are happier. I really think the original poster was looking for a fight. Even if I were building a house today I would TRY to se things that did not tax the environment, my pocketbook or my honor. OK... I have said enough....

Quote:
That is the fact that makes it sensible. Warren buffet might have a cool looking coop, but my chickens (and yours I am sure) are happier. I really think the original poster was looking for a fight. Even if I were building a house today I would TRY to se things that did not tax the environment, my pocketbook or my honor. OK... I have said enough....

You have read my mind!!

Birds don't really care what or how their housing is made of as long as they have food, water, a place to sleep and to get away from predators.
I really don't see the point in having something all fancy that's going to be used as an animal house.

Maybe that's just me, but I really could care less as to what people think of my stuff.

Quote:
You make a good point. I have a recycled kids treehouse for a coop. I will not deny I stare at new coops all the time and scheme how I'll save up for it, or how I'm going to get it in the yard without DH seeing it.
ep.gif
He's a residential contractor and hates to let me come to the job site for fear I'll be seen dumpster-diving for materials for my "new" coop. Regarding Uncle Marc's comments, he opened up a very interesting commentary and he's entitled to offer his views. That's what BYC is for. In his defense, some of the coops I've seen scare me a little, but I'm sure mine wouldn't impress many either. Now, back to coop shopping....
caf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom