Why are my call duck dieing in the shell in the day there due to hatch?

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 9, 2015
I had 4 call duck eggs in my incubator, tempeture correct and humidity and they were developing and moving around lovley and then on day 27 they died in the shell I left them in there for a couple days longer and saw nothing so cracked them open and this is what was found . Can anyone help me and tell me what's gone wrong? Thanksyou
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so sorry for your losses.
hugs.gif
Definitely post in our duck section for more help with your babies.

I hope someone can help you there.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm so sorry for your losses. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. Definitely post on the links that Mountain Peeps left with you and take advantage of our experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry for your losses! I've never kept ducks myself, so I'm not completely sure what is wrong. But, I've heard from Call Duck breeders that many Call Ducks have difficulty getting out of their eggs. This is because they have very small bills and pipping is hard. Many show-quality Call Ducks get helped out of the shell. I'm not sure whether that's what went wrong with yours, however.

Back
Top Bottom