Why are my hens so mean to each other?

I'm sorry to hear that!
Have you tried the pinless peepers yet?
No, we really haven’t had the chance to. We’re also still a little nervous about them. All of my chickens are very tiny, so their nostrils seem too small. Is there a specific brand that is good? All of the ones I have seen don’t have the best reviews

No, we really haven’t had the chance to. We’re also still a little nervous about them. All of my chickens are very tiny, so their nostrils seem too small. Is there a specific brand that is good? All of the ones I have seen don’t have the best reviews
I don't have any experience with them and know much about them, unfortunately.
Maybe create another thread on them?

I don't have any experience with them and know much about them, unfortunately.
Maybe create another thread on them?
Ok, I think I will. I still wonder if a rooster would help. The other day one of the hen’s was attacking the new one, and my neighbor’s rooster heard her squawking and he ran over. Even though he was on the other side of the fence, he made them stop. And after he left, they started fighting again. It was weird

Ok, I think I will. I still wonder if a rooster would help. The other day one of the hen’s was attacking the new one, and my neighbor’s rooster heard her squawking and he ran over. Even though he was on the other side of the fence, he made them stop. And after he left, they started fighting again. It was weird
Hmm. Well, the thing with getting a rooster is he can't be put in right away, and it may cause more stress in the flock.

You could try a technique that I saw used on problem roosters at a rooster rescue.
Put a cage into their run. Whenever you see the mean one get mean, place her in that cage and keep her there for at least an hour.
Repeat until she learns that attacking another results in prison time.
This process if done correctly should correct her behavior in a week or two.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom