Why are my hens so mean to each other?

Oooh, okay. That could be it.
If she was head hen, then that could definitely disrupt the pecking order with her passing.
That’s why we got the new hen. The one being mean is not the new leader, but she is second. We got the new one in hopes of putting everything back to normal

That’s why we got the new hen. The one being mean is not the new leader, but she is second. We got the new one in hopes of putting everything back to normal
Ah...it all makes sense now.
The one being mean may want to be top hen, so she's trying to do that and show everyone who's boss.
I would try the pinless peepers as suggested and see how it goes.

Ah...it all makes sense now.
The one being mean may want to be top hen, so she's trying to do that and show everyone who's boss.
I would try the pinless peepers as suggested and see how it goes.
I will try to convince my mom about the Peepers. It’s weird that the mean one isn’t being mean at all to the top hen. The top hen is a good leader, she is very gentle in expressing her dominance. She also lets everyone eat food out of her beak

I will try to convince my mom about the Peepers. It’s weird that the mean one isn’t being mean at all to the top hen. The top hen is a good leader, she is very gentle in expressing her dominance. She also lets everyone eat food out of her beak
She's not going after the top hen because she's the boss, she's the top hen so she knows not to mess with her.

She's not going after the top hen because she's the boss, she's the top hen so she knows not to mess with her.
That’s what I figured, she’s just gotten so violent with it. I had really hoped the new chicken would get everything back to normal. But with winter coming up, the one who lost her feathers is going to get too cold. She really needs them back

What you heard isn't true, roosters don't intervene fights among hens.
Ok. I was curious about it since it’s pretty much the only thing our flock doesn’t have. Plus our neighbors rooster comes over all the time and the hens like him, but the rooster can never touch them. And I also want a rooster😂

How's your flock doing?
Thanks for asking! They still aren’t doing the best. They are still being mean to each other, and I noticed two of them have have hard black/red bumps on them. It might be dried blood, but one of them is white. Today I noticed one of the bumps right above the mean one’s eye

Thanks for asking! They still aren’t doing the best. They are still being mean to each other, and I noticed two of them have have hard black/red bumps on them. It might be dried blood, but one of them is white. Today I noticed one of the bumps right above the mean one’s eye
I'm sorry to hear that!
Have you tried the pinless peepers yet?

Back
Top Bottom