Why are people so rude? Need to vent... *LONG*

Gosh - I find myself in a very similar position, my son makes friends ALWAYS with the new children, the children that can't get along with others etc.

Its very difficult. I have tried to encourage my son to play and invite other kids over to play etc.... thats all I can suggest, just keep him involved with other children as well - and slowly start saying NO when needed.

hugs.gif

I bet my son and yours would get on FAMOUSLY.

i have had a few "friends" that felt that cause I worked with chidren all day that I wanted to deal with them at night too
barnie.gif

well I have had a few that have taken me for everything..(like $5000) I know I am a sucker but mom was being beaten by the BF and the kids came running to me everytime he got aggressive. I gave her money for groceries, I bought her groceries, free child care. when the bf was getting violent the kids came to my place for a "happy sleep over"..anyway off topic...

I have had "friends" feel that cause my oldest son was a difficult child it didnt bother me or it was acceptable in my eyes to behave in that way..

it took me MANY years to be able to say no to people. BUT now I have a group of real friends that accept the fact that I have rules in my home for a reason.
1) dont come over unless you call first.
2) manners dont cost a thing so use them. (biggie with me)
3) when I say no it means exactly that no..(its not hard)
4) when i say its time to go home ..i mean now...not in 30 minutes

the funny thing is that i thought i was being a witch with my rules but in the longrun i have had friends thank me cause they know they are getting the real me not an act.

my son was diagnosed with a wide range of disorders. but when we finally cut throught the poop the doctors were selling he has been a much more stable young man..

in the end the truth is the best way to go.. remember to think your words through. dont say anything out of anger or fustration..

(sorry for the long post)

He's gone and she's gone! WOO-HOO! An hour early too! I know that's terrible to feel that way, but my goodness. She came in to get him and announced who I need to be voting for (didn't ask, just said) and they left within 5 minutes. Thank heavens! I think I'm going to get ready to go to bed now.
smile.png

Quote:
You are to kind Cyn!
smile.png

Thanks again everyone for your responses. You have no idea how much better I feel now that is all off of my chest. Nite ya'all!

Wildsky - It's a shame we don't live closer to each other, isn't it?!?! At least our boys would understand one another.

mjsdhs - Bless your heart! You really had a time of things. I hope I can develop the backbone you have. I'll work harder on it.
smile.png

Quote:
My kids aren't little anymore, but I remember those days, I like the suggestions listed above. Very simple and to the point. You can't beat around the bush with stuff like this. Maybe because I'm
old.gif
er now and don't want to put up with it anymore.

It's the same thing with sales calls.
roll.png

Whewww! I didn't read the other replies, but, wow, whatever are you in, any why are you letting yourself remain in it? Tell that woman to get another baby sitter, take her bratty kid, get out, stay out, and don't ever call or come back. Then threaten your son with bread and water in his room for the rest of his life if he EVER sees or mentions that demon again.

Back
Top Bottom